Why did you decide to....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Babe_Ruth, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I was wondering what was the first message board you've joined, and why did you bother joining a message board in the first place.

Here's my reason. Around eight years ago I was a Dragonball Z fan, and when I got the internet I started to do some research of the show, and I found this site called DB3K, and I was just browsing the page, and I saw this thing called Message Board, and I didn't know what it was at the time. So I clicked on it, and I saw it a place where people left messages. I just thought it was a huge chat line. So I wanted to post as well, because I wanted to talk to these other DBZ fans, so I found out how to join and such, and I've been posting on forums ever since.

Discuss?

2. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

The first message board I joined was a support site for stepmoms. I needed to connect with other people in my situation, my real life friends seemed to be getting tired of hearing me talk about the difficulties of step-life. You just can't relate unless you've been there.

3. Nosferatu_Alucard

Nosferatu_Alucard Undead Intellectual

My first forum was CF. I came for the beer and the bitches.

Hanzo_Hattori likes this.
  4. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

My first was a-m-v.org.

Actually, that's not technically true, as I tried message boards before that. But it's the first one I remember, and the first I stayed with.

5. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

I think it was Anime Forum dot com.

Because a friend recommended it.

6. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Pojo because I was a Yu-Gi-Oh fiend years and years ago.

Then I realized how much the site sucked due to its forced childish atmosphere (no religious or political debate allowed) and audience, so I left after MJ PMed me to join his site.

7. NewGamePlus

NewGamePlus Registered Member

2004. In college. leoslyrics.com because I was looking up music lyrics for a song I was using in a film project. First time I realized you could do that online (and YES i know I'm technologically behind by years and years and years, always have been)

8. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

PDC. I was a member there from sometime in 2000 until now, but it's dead.

9. Hanzo_Hattori

Hanzo_Hattori For the Horde!

AF for me too :O,Found it by Animegalleries leading to the site

10. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I was searching for Perfect Dark stuff in September of 2000 when I found the PDC board. I had never seen a message board before and it seemed like a cool place to talk to other people with common interests. I met Steve and Hybrix there (and Vega, several years later). I still talk to several people from PDC and I met one of them in person a few years ago.

Hanzo_Hattori likes this.