• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Why did you decide to....

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was wondering what was the first message board you've joined, and why did you bother joining a message board in the first place.

Here's my reason. Around eight years ago I was a Dragonball Z fan, and when I got the internet I started to do some research of the show, and I found this site called DB3K, and I was just browsing the page, and I saw this thing called Message Board, and I didn't know what it was at the time. So I clicked on it, and I saw it a place where people left messages. I just thought it was a huge chat line. So I wanted to post as well, because I wanted to talk to these other DBZ fans, so I found out how to join and such, and I've been posting on forums ever since.

Discuss?

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
The first message board I joined was a support site for stepmoms. I needed to connect with other people in my situation, my real life friends seemed to be getting tired of hearing me talk about the difficulties of step-life. You just can't relate unless you've been there.

Malificus

Likes snow
My first was a-m-v.org.

Actually, that's not technically true, as I tried message boards before that. But it's the first one I remember, and the first I stayed with.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
I think it was Anime Forum dot com.

Because a friend recommended it.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Pojo because I was a Yu-Gi-Oh fiend years and years ago.

Then I realized how much the site sucked due to its forced childish atmosphere (no religious or political debate allowed) and audience, so I left after MJ PMed me to join his site.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
2004. In college. leoslyrics.com because I was looking up music lyrics for a song I was using in a film project. First time I realized you could do that online (and YES i know I'm technologically behind by years and years and years, always have been)

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
PDC. I was a member there from sometime in 2000 until now, but it's dead.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I was searching for Perfect Dark stuff in September of 2000 when I found the PDC board. I had never seen a message board before and it seemed like a cool place to talk to other people with common interests. I met Steve and Hybrix there (and Vega, several years later). I still talk to several people from PDC and I met one of them in person a few years ago.