• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Why can’t I get a flat belly?

Pepper

Registered Member
No matter what I do; going on endless diets, working out at the gym, I just can't seem to get a flat stomach at all! I really don't know what to do about it. Other parts of my body are nice and toned, but my belly is still there. It's really frustrating!

MissMe

Registered Member
First I would recommend getting a physical from your doctor to make sure that there isn't a medical reason for this. One common mistake people make is thinking that a ton of sit-ups will give them a flat belly. This is false. The best thing for a flat stomach is strength training. Ditch the sit-ups and start strength training and you should see some results.

Keri35

Registered Member
A lot of people can't get rid of that pesky tummy pouch. I dropped a ton of weight a year ago but still had that pouch. I'd love to know how to get rid of it too.

NellyBell

Registered Member
Ugh, this is my problem. I've recently started something called the Mutu System which helps you work on your core and pelvic floor. It's aimed for women who have had children but, from the reviews I've seen, women who haven't had kids can benefit from it too. It's expensive...but I have finally started seeing some results! I do think part of the problem is like MissMe said, everyone thinks it's about doing just ab exercises but when it comes to burning fat, you can't target areas.

IrishLass2247

Registered Member
If you want to eat in a way that attacks belly fat, try to add monounsaturated fatty acids to your diet. Monounsaturated fatty acids are found in things like avocados, nuts, olive oil, and dark chocolate. By adding these foods to each meal, and keeping my calorie intake to a healthy number for my height and weight, I was able to lose belly fat in a much more efficient way.

Impaired

Registered Member
I have a cousin that does Beach Body and it works well for her.

I'm not sure humans are supposed to have flat bellies, but she does it.

Bonnie Engle | Elite Beachbody Coach

Last edited:

Pepper

Registered Member
Thank you guys for the tips. I will look at how I can change my diet, again :D And yes you are right, @MissMe , sit-ups are not the solution. Thank you all :)

Carmelita

Registered Member
First I would recommend getting a physical from your doctor to make sure that there isn't a medical reason for this. One common mistake people make is thinking that a ton of sit-ups will give them a flat belly. This is false. The best thing for a flat stomach is strength training. Ditch the sit-ups and start strength training and you should see some results.
Yes, strength training (lifting weights) is definitely the way to go. If you lift until you get temporary muscle failure, that will definitely build muscle and burn fat.