Wii Why are gaming controllers so much?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by dDave, May 17, 2008.

1. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I don't know how nintendo gets away with it.

Look at this

Wii controllers
    -remote ($40)
    -nunchuck ($20)
    totaling $60

I don't remember any gamecube controller ever costing more than $30 and added up together getting a complete controller for the wii is twice as expensive as it was to get one for gamecube.

And it's not just nintendo that's doing this.

XBOX 360 controller ($50)

PS3 Controller ($50)

You can get a pretty good gaming mouse for about $25 I know because I have one.

Controller never used to cost so much, what happened?

Am I the only one that thinks that they are crazy expensive?

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

How about the Wavebird? That was over thirty bucks easy.

Controllers will always be expensive because people will always demand them.

3. dDave

wavebirds were $35 so that wasn't way too crazy, $5 more to not have a cord, I never had one but I probably should have.

I'll bet that if nintendo put the price down then they would sell more controllers and in turn make money, they can't possibly cost that much to make.

4. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

The best controller for the PS2 was the Logitech wireless. It was upwards of $60 when the Ps2 controllers were only $40 or so.

5. Hi_Im_Tim

Hi_Im_Tim I am Heavy Weapons Guy

Controllers are expensive because many people will still pay for them, so the companies make money.

TwilightDawn likes this.
  6. dDave

I think that companies would make a lot more money if they would make them cost less because people would buy a lot more of them.

I want 3 more wii controllers but I only have one because they are so expensive and I don't to pay so much.

So from my standpoint nintendo would make a lot more money if they would make the controllers less expensive, but that's just me.

7. Merc

It's not just Nintendo, dDave.

Besides, the most anyone would ever buy is three extra controllers, right? So why make them cheap? It's just a business concept. It's a product that will not be bought consistently, so they have to make money off of the occasional purchases.

8. dDave

It's true it's not just nintendo, as I stated before it's also microsoft and sony but Nintendo is the one that actually affects me, that's why I said that whoel thing about nintendo's controllers in my last post.

Actually now that I think about it, someday I'll have bought 3 extra controllers one way or another, so you're right, I'm just going to say it so this doesn't turn into some useless debate where both of us are arguing the same side.

Bliss likes this.
  9. WiigamerCRO

WiigamerCRO Registered Member

Wii remote comes with Wii play and Sixaxis is **** without a game.

10. Merc

. . . huh?

All Wii remotes do not come with Wii Play, Wii Play comes with a remote. Also, how the heck could you critique a controller by saying it sucks without a game? Every single controller in the history of mankind sucks without a game.

:confused: