Who's your fav. player, and why?

S

Slippery Jim

I like Ryan Smyth bacause he's a Canadian, a christian and the player I'm most familiar with.

P.S. If you're going to say something stupid about christianity or criticize it, please don't, because it's really been a burden I've had to bear the past few weeks and it's really been bothering me. You can ask questions and give non-insulting comments, but please, no criticism or insulting questions.

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
This is already a thread just for your information.

My favourite is Bobby Orr. The best defencemen of all time and he never even got to have a full career. If he never had to retire then he would have been the best of all time IMO.

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
Just goes to show that their are no such things as relationships in the game of hockey. One day your playing for a team that you've been on for years and years but because the team can't afford your services your shipped out to a new team , A new town and even worse a new group of guys that you have to come to adjust with. Smyth didn't deserve to be delt away but hell thats the game for you.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
I'm a Montreal Canadians fan so obviously my choice will have to go to our Captain Saku Koivu. This guy as been through so much like a serious knee injury, cancer, and almost a career ending eye injury. He brought all those challenges up and shut them right down. Everytime he steps on ice he plays like it's his last game. The passion he shows everytime he steps out on that ice just gives me goosebumps.

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
I agree with Bosh. Im not a Habs fan because im a huge Leafs fan but I have to say that Koivu is one of the most inspiring players in the league today. He put up with so much crap in his career and to still be playing is just amazing.

S

Slippery Jim

I'm a Montreal Canadians fan so obviously my choice will have to go to our Captain Saku Koivu. This guy as been through so much like a serious knee injury, cancer, and almost a career ending eye injury. He brought all those challenges up and shut them right down. Everytime he steps on ice he plays like it's his last game. The passion he shows everytime he steps out on that ice just gives me goosebumps.
yah, Koivu's pretty awesome.

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
He is IMO one of the most dedicated players in the history of the game. He will just never quit. He has been among the best on his team each year he's been in the league and he does so well year in and year out which makes him a good player to lead your team.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Brett Hull. Third highest goal-scorer thankyouverymuch. He's got a mouth on him that won't quit - I know some people hate him for that but I love it. And I love that he was willing to wear #17 in Detroit out of respect for Konstantinov.

I loves me some Hully.

Im one of the people that as well like Bret Hull. He's a real laugh with the Mic and his ability is hard to question. I loved a few weeks ago when he was talking about St. Louis and said:

"The thing about the Blues is they are always in a rebuilding year"

I die laughing at that.