• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Who's the best team in the NFL

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Week seven ended yesterday and we got a good chance to look at every teams so far this season. In your opinion who do you believe is the best team in the NFL today?

I think its between Pittsburgh, New England, and the Jets. The next few weeks will probably separate those three.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am going to go with the Pittsburgh Steelers at this point.

The top teams are definitely on the AFC side of things. I agree with the ones you mentioned. Tennessee is legit too.

konboye

Registered Member
Steelers and Jets are the best right NOW, Patriots are just not there yet (I don't think they will ever be). Titans are gritty, looking good too. My pick for the Superbowl( I know its early), is Steelers, if Polamalu stays healthy and Big Ben keeps his head up, they just might get there.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The interesting with the Steelers is will they be still strong on defense without Smith, who they loss in the third quarter against the Dolphins. They've loss Smith for quite some time in recent years and the defense wasn't as good.

Regarding the Titans, I just think there is too much inconsistency at QB. Are they very good? Sure, but I think people hesitate to consider them the best, because you never know what you are going to get week to week with their QBs. The passing game has looked good, but are you confident enough to bet that it will be clicking the same later in the year?

The only truly good team I think theyve beaten thus far is the Giants. The Eagles are okay, but Im not sold on Kolb at all.

They have some tough games coming up. If they come out of it smelling rosey, then I will consider them a top team, but Collins/Young can both crack at any time...thats what scares people off.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'm not sure of my thoughts, yet...but who do you all think is the dominant force in the NFC? Packers, maybe?

Konshentz

Konshentz
In the AFC, there are a four teams that immediately come to mind - Titans, Jets, Steelers, and Patriots.

In the NFC, it's a toss up between the Giants and the Falcons.
------
The only truly good team I think theyve beaten thus far is the Giants. The Eagles are okay, but Im not sold on Kolb at all.
That argument can be used against a lot of teams though.

Last edited:

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I don't think the Pats are that good. They're winning but they're not dominant.

I guess the Giants are definitely on top in the NFC I think. Everyone else has some major problem somewhere.

BigBob

Registered Member
I'm not sure of my thoughts, yet...but who do you all think is the dominant force in the NFC? Packers, maybe?
Defiantly not. The Vikings were the better team that game. The Packers second quarter touchdown was a bobbled ball. Take away the pick 6, that's 24-14.

I've gotta go with the Giants right now. AFC, Steelers

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
I'm with ya completely BigBob. Steelers are the best team in the AFC, and the Giants rule the roost in the NFC.

Overall, I think Pittsburgh is the best team in football right now. They are consistently playing at a tough level and now that Roethlisberger is back in action, look out.

#3 behind those teams I would say is the Jets, who have played a hell of a lot better since that stinkathon on the opening Monday.

In an era that has been lots about offense, the top three teams (imo) have some of the strongest defenses in the NFL. You aren't winning the Super Bowl this year unless you have a strong defense, but I don't think you can get in a shootout with any of those teams above.