Whos the Best Second basemen in NY History?

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Silhouet, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Silhouet

Silhouet Registered Member

This weeks debate in the Lineup is about second basemen MSG.com - The Line-Up So its time to get our picks in for the game.. MSG.com Video On Demand MSG Networks

Here are my picks for top 5:

Jackie Robinson
    Tony Lazzeri
    Joe Gordon
    Frankie Frisch
    Bobby Richardson

What do you guys think ???

2. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

Jackie Robinson. He's usually considered in the top 5 2nd basemen of all time (or close to it). None of the others are.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I agree with the Jackie Robinson selection, and it's not even close. This cannot be debated. Robinson was a five tool player he could do it all on the diamond.

Also to put up the numbers he did while facing all that racism is simply remarkable in my book.

I would take him on my team any day of the week.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
  4. Silhouet

Silhouet Registered Member

Agreed... I'd like to see what they have to say during the debate on the show

5. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Best second baseman in NY history: Jackie, all day long. Best first baseman in NY history: Bill Buckner.

6. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

Jackie Robinson. I don't know what else to say. He's Jackie Robinson!

Tucker likes this.
  7. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I think every Mets fan can agree with that bold statement right there, but with that being said the Red Sox still had a chance to win the series the next game but failed to do so, so even though Buckner is mostly the blame for the loss, I think it's still a team effort.

8. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Oh, absolutely. Heck, there were five errors in Game 6 alone! Buckner is more of a symbol of goatiness than an actual heel, I think.