Whos the Best Second basemen in NY History?

Wade8813

Registered Member
Jackie Robinson. He's usually considered in the top 5 2nd basemen of all time (or close to it). None of the others are.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree with the Jackie Robinson selection, and it's not even close. This cannot be debated. Robinson was a five tool player he could do it all on the diamond.

Also to put up the numbers he did while facing all that racism is simply remarkable in my book.

I would take him on my team any day of the week.

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Best second baseman in NY history: Jackie, all day long. Best first baseman in NY history: Bill Buckner.
I think every Mets fan can agree with that bold statement right there, but with that being said the Red Sox still had a chance to win the series the next game but failed to do so, so even though Buckner is mostly the blame for the loss, I think it's still a team effort.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
I think every Mets fan can agree with that bold statement right there, but with that being said the Red Sox still had a chance to win the series the next game but failed to do so, so even though Buckner is mostly the blame for the loss, I think it's still a team effort.
Oh, absolutely. Heck, there were five errors in Game 6 alone! Buckner is more of a symbol of goatiness than an actual heel, I think.