• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Who's the best in this promotion?

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Don't watch much TNA so I was wondering who's their best wrestler and who does he compare to in terms of the wwe roster?

BJBirdy

Registered Member
For me, the best is Austin Aries. He's a little bit like a Dolph Ziggler/CM Punk combination but I think his in-ring abilities might actually be better than Dolph's. I've compared watching Aries to watching a video game, he's usually that good in the ring. His match against Samoa Joe at Slammiversary 2012 is probably my favorite match of his, and his match against Alex Shelley at Against All Odds 2012 was right up there as well.

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
Austin Aries, Samoa Joe are two that leap out in my mind, oddly Christopher Daniels and Kazarian are two of the most underrated in wrestling period, they're just that good in the ring and on the mic

Personally, I'd pick Bobby Roode. Very solid technically, also pretty good on the mic. You can see that his work has been greatly influenced by Curt Hennig and he's pretty much the closest thing to an old school heel.

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
EdgeHead said:
Personally, I'd pick Bobby Roode. Very solid technically, also pretty good on the mic. You can see that his work has been greatly influenced by Curt Hennig and he's pretty much the closest thing to an old school heel.
Roode gets it, has it and there's a reason he's called The "It Factor" plus he is stellar in the ring

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
For me, it's a tie between two guys:

Austin Aries - Aries is so much like CM Punk that it's crazy. He doesn't necessarily emulate him, but they project a similar aura. Aries is the man both on the mic and in the ring. Putting the Heavyweight title on him was one of the smartest things that TNA has ever done IMHO. They need to decide whether he's a heel or face and stick with it for a year, he's been changing so much lately. But honestly he's a guy that I would want to see in the main event of either company right now. Aries is an X-Divsion guy in origin and has a face-paced style. His finishing move is either the brain buster (he does the best I've seen) or the 450 splash.

Bobby Roode - I compare Bobby Roode to HHH a lot. He has that all around classic wrestling style and is really great in the ring. He's very WWE and I'm surprised that the never courted him. He's good on the mic, as well, but best in the ring. He currently uses a wide array of effective moves…a spear, the "Double R" spine buster, the crossface, and most recently his own spin on the Attitude Adjustment.

Honorable mention goes to Bad Influence (Daniels and Kazarian) are two of my personal favorites, and my favorite tag team in the industry. I'm not sure if they're staying in TNA or not.

BJBirdy

Registered Member
I don't feel like Aries really flip flops, he just stays as a tweener all the time for me. It's just a matter if he's 60% heel or 60% face at the moment. He's said in interviews that he prefers to be a tweener since he feels that reflects real life more (which I agree with).

blpratt1982

Bobby Roode is probably the best guy on the roster when you take into account both in ring and promo skills. Such a great heel. Austin Aries is very close. He's a little better in-ring performer than Roode just not quite as good as Roode on the mic.

BJBirdy

Registered Member
blpratt1982 said:
Bobby Roode is probably the best guy on the roster when you take into account both in ring and promo skills. Such a great heel. Austin Aries is very close. He's a little better in-ring performer than Roode just not quite as good as Roode on the mic.
I sort of feel like Aries and Roode have two different mic styles, if it makes sense. Aries is more of a "tell it like it is" sort of character, whereas Roode is more of an overall douchebag. I do have to give Roode the slight edge though.