• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Who's getting Vista on release day?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm really looking forward to Windows Vista and am planing on getting a copy of the Professional version of it when it's released.

Does anybody know how much it will cost? I heard $200 but I haven't found any upgrade pricing.

I'm running XP Pro right now so I'll definitely be looking for the upgrade version. Either that or an OEM.

Spinlock

Registered Member
I'll stick to what I have, thanks. If I ever leave XP behind, it'll be for Slackware 11.

Albey

Registered Member
Depends, i think i'll stick to win xp pro, unless i hit the jackpot on scratch off's or something. lol I'm poor!

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I like to wait, it's always better to wait for a few problems to be found and fixed before you go full into an OS switch.

Thermal

Registered Member
Since being in Windows System Administration, I've always tried to stay current. I might get a copy of Vista Business sometime, but probably not right at release (Nov. is too soon for me). Hopefully Microsoft will release evaluation versions of the servers like they've done ine the past. I'm sure many hardcore gamers will be moving to Vista due to DX10.

Albey

Registered Member
well what more could direct x use?

Thermal

Registered Member
Well, DX10 is suppose to put more strain on the video card, where it belongs, instead on on the processor like DX9. DX9 is going to be around for atleast another year though due to the high cost of buying a DX10 + Vista. Crysis is suppose to be one of the first games to take advantage of DX10.

DX9 vs DX10 Screenshot

Albey

Registered Member
Wow, a big difference. That should make rps shoot way up on a decent card.