• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Wii Who's getting a Revoluton?

dk_rare

Registered Member
Nintendo is deep rooted in the hearts of many gamers, and the fact that we are ready to buy a console despite not seeing the games shows how much we trust Nintendo : ) They could release a big, plastic turd shaped (or is that Mr Whippy shaped) console and I would still buy it : )

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Nintendo makes a lot of questional decisions from a business standpoint. It's good that they're different and creative, but they're kinda digging their own grave.

dk_rare

Registered Member
I have heard that Nintendo are the most profitable in the business, in fact I seens it on tv, a show called summat like "insane riches" or summat like that.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
They make all their profit from the handhelds, and the PSP is probably cutting into that a little now.

dk_rare

Registered Member
I'm sure software sales for the Cube doesn't hurt Nintendo, they must sell millions of their own titles, and millions of licensed titles every year.

Handheld would be the biggest money taker, yes : )

SamusAran86

Registered Member
Buckeye101 said:
They make all their profit from the handhelds, and the PSP is probably cutting into that a little now.
And just exactly where have you heard that.

As far as I know, Nintendo always profits from the sale of thee hardware. Sure, the handheld market has kept them in the game, but that doesnt mean they are not profiting from there console sales... Unlike MS who is still millions in the whole from xbox sales/live... and is about to release another console... now if that were nintendo, they would be out of bisness... hell, if that were any other company they would be knocked out before they began!

Again, as far as I know, Nintendo is the only one who profits off hardware...
They had one bad quarter where they lost money because of the ratio of japanese yen to american dollars.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I don't think Nintendo makes much, if any, from selling Gamecubes. If they profit from Gamecube, it's because of the software and accessories. I could be wrong though. I'm definitely no expert.

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
I am getting a revolution and will be waiting in line at 6pm at my local walmart :) I will buy 3more controllers, numbchuck pieces, and every game I can afford

KannonMAK

Registered Member
Buckeye101 said:
Nintendo makes a lot of questional decisions from a business standpoint. It's good that they're different and creative, but they're kinda digging their own grave.
that's the problem, people only see innovation and risks as a flaw, not as something to follow. that is why the game market seems to repeat itself over and over.

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
Buckeye101 said:
I don't think Nintendo makes much, if any, from selling Gamecubes. If they profit from Gamecube, it's because of the software and accessories. I could be wrong though. I'm definitely no expert.
Yea, they actually made the biggest profit on consoles compared to every other competitor. They made a 7billion dollar profit from the cubes, they actually lost because of the software. I cant remember the figures, but they beat Sony by 3 billion although Sony has sold like 98million Playstations and the cube was around 18million.:D