• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Wii Who's getting a Revoluton?

SamusAran86

Registered Member
Myself... I willbe getting one launch day, just like the last 2 consols Nintedno has released.

Some people complain that the controller will deter other companies from releasing there games... I think the controller gives those companies the control they deserve... the ability to make there own controllers...

For those who havent seen it, do a search for Revolution Controller on a search engine, and you are bound to find the pic's and stories on it...

So far, most devolpers love it... and so do I ... my mind has been runnin with all the possibilties that could happen with it.

and not only will it have a different controller than the other next gen systems, you will be able to download classic nintendo titles NES through N64 titles (and probably other depending on devolper commitment) and you will be able to plau NES games by turning the 'stock' Revolution controller onto its side... basically makeing a longer NES controller

The System will also play Gamecube games... but all you need there is the GC disk to play..

Nintendo has also created the "Nintendo Wifi Connection" for use with the Revolution and DS... All Nintendo wifi games will be FREE!! meaning no charge to play there games online. Basically think MS's online service, BUT FREE!!

Other companies can either make the games free, or charge for it, though I would like to see them make them free... as you already bought the game, why should you have to pay to play online?

Im completely stoked about this system. What are your opinions?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I'll probably get one eventually, for the Metroid and Zelda games. Probably won't get it at launch though. Depends on how much it's costs to download the classic games.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
It will probably be my second or third of the systems, depending on the games they have to offer. The platformers aren't enough right now to make me really want it, other than Zelda. I need to see a good Star Fox game and some good original games.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
well, the whole idea about the system is to make games that are different from what is out there now...

Im thinking that there will be alot of DS styled games that will be released

Albey

Registered Member
i doubt i'll actualy get one, unless i see a good rpg made for it, or some awesome shooters.

nman77

Registered Member
The controller looks pretty cool but could turn out to be akward. But it will probably be really cool. The classic game thing is awesome. But I still dunno about the original Revolution games. GameCube didn't really turn my crank in that department.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
nman77 said:
The controller looks pretty cool but could turn out to be akward.
That's what I'm worried about. Isn't your arm going to get tired holding that thinig in the air for a few hours?

SamusAran86

Registered Member
in interviews (miyamoto did one with gamespot I believe) he says that you dont need to hold it up in the air... you will be able to play the games by moving your wrist slightly, not wildly like the E3 video shows... that was just dont to show what they are trying to do. Its meant to be held in your lap, like a normal conntroller.

there will be no threat of hitting one of your buds upside the head, unless you really want to swing that wildly...

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I just hope the controller doesn't require much physicallity, us gamers are lazy. Think of all those kids who jerk the controller around as it is, this is going to be outrageous.

fuzzykitten3769

Registered Member
I plan to pre order it as soon as possible I can't wait to get my hands on that controller and try it out for myself. I'll try to buy about 4 or 5 titles for it of course mostly nintendo franch games but I can wait for it to come out.