Who's better? Ike Bruce or Tim Brown?

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Millz, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

This was probably Isaac Bruce's last season as a pro. I just picked Tim Brown because they have comparable stats...

Who would you pick? Bruce or Brown? Who was better? Who had the better career?

Bruce: 1,024 catches, 15,208 yards receiving and 91 TD's.

Brown: 1,094 catches, 14,934 yards receiving and 100 TD's.

2. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I would have to go with Tim Brown, I just thought he was a little better overall wideout. Both great players though.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

To me it's Tim Brown, not saying that Bruce isn't great, but I think it really help him to have Kurt Warner as a quarterback. Like I said I am not trying to take anything away from him, I just believe that Bruce as played with better quarterbacks than Tim Brown as.

Someone can make an argument that Bruce as played less games than Brown, which is true but the thing is it's not always about stats, when I study both players and look at their abilities on the field I believe Brown is better overall. I think he's a better tackler, blocker and runs better routs.

Just personal opinion though.

4. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I've seen Bruce and he dominated when Chris Miller and Tony Banks was his Quarterback...I'm just sayin.

BUT I think what puts Brown over the top was the fact he also was a great returner. I know I know that's not wide receiver skills but still tells you what kind of athlete he was.