Who would you have picked?

Unity

Jedi Mind Tricks
Staff member
In recent WWE history, Sheamus and Jack Swagger became two up-and-comers to get the WWE and World Heavyweight Titles (respectively) very early into their careers.

If you could rewrite that recent history, and pick two WWE rookies (brand new or semi new, doesn't make a difference) to have gotten the honor, who would you pick? Why would they be better choices than Sheamus and Swagger?

Discuss. :cool:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I would give one to Drew McIntyre(who was suppose to win MITB instead of Swagger and eventually win the belt, but supposedly the WWE changed that idea quickly) McIntyre as the total package to be a perfect heel champion. He has the microphone skills, the charisma, the IT factor and he's tremendous in the ring.

I can't really think of a second "rookie" that would deserve the belt right now. Maybe someone like Ted DeBiase Jr. but that's bit of a stretch. I wouldn't mind seeing Wade Barrett get it either, just to see if he could carry himself as a Champion like Sheamus was able to do in a short period of time.

Now, it's really hard to say if they would of made better champions than Swagger and Sheamus. But like I mentioned above, I believe Drew McIntyre would make a great Champion.

Unity

Jedi Mind Tricks
Staff member
I could agree with McIntyre instead of Swagger (not that Jack's not good, lol). He does bring more of that "total package" to the table, I know what you mean.

Sheamus seemed to be the perfect RAW guy to get the strap, if any rookie applied, I guess I don't think I'd change that one. Part of me thinks of Kingston during his feud with Orton, but I don't think he's ready.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
Probably Kingston, but for some reason when I look at him, I just feel like he's not quite there, even though he's proven himself time and time again.

I probably would have given Shelton Benjamin a good whack, he seems pretty solid in the ring :)

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
No one really springs to mind, during that period when Sheamus was making his rise. I'd probably go with Evan Bourne, give him a try.

Rey Mysterio seems to be doing pretty well lol. :)