Who will win the 06/07 Stanley Cup?

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by Forbidden, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Forbidden

Forbidden Guest

I vote for the Anaheim Ducks, their defense is amazing with Pronger/ Nidermayer, and they have solid forwards like McDonald and Selanne. Hopefully they'll play their rookie goalie (Bryzgalof?) because I hate JS Giguere.

2. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

It's really quite open. The Ducks are a major contender once again, but with the exception of Pronger I don't think they are tough and check enough. Look at the Edmonton series, that really showed Anaheim's flaws.

Of the two finals teams Edmonton will have the better chance to make it back to the finals, as Carolina's aging fast.

The Predators are my pick. With Vokun back and guys like Kariya, I think they can really surprise us. Most of the traditional Western Conference powerhouses I expect to drop while the younger ones (Preds, Sharks, Wild) will rise up.

3. Forbidden

Forbidden Guest

The thing is though... "guys like Kariya" is Kariya, he's getting washed up, they have nobody else that's good.

4. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

They still finished 4th, and the Red Wings look crappy, as does most of the rest of the West.

5. Forbidden

Forbidden Guest

They finished 4th last year, that doesn't mean they will be able to make a Stanley Cup run this year. Kariya has to have an amazing year to do that, because I don't see any other decent players on that team (besides their goaltender)