Who will win next year's MVP?

S

scottmcgrady

Who will win next year's MVP? This is a poll on NBA.com and i was wondering what you guys thought?
Here are your options:
Chauncey Billups
Kobe Bryant
Tim Duncan
LeBron James
Steve Nash
Dirk Nowitzki
Dwyane Wade
Other

You chose and explain your choice. You may say you can't decide but based on how much each player has improved from last season to this season, you may be able to determine how they could perform next season.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's very hard to chose but I am going with other. I truly believe that the Timberwolves will change their fourtunes around, by adding a few good players here and there to help Kevin Garnett. Some of you may say that Garnett probably won't be with the Wolves next year, but it was made official that Garnett is not going anywhere. It's been two losing seasons now for the KG and the Wolves, and I am sure he can't take it no more so he'll take upon himself to do anything to win. He's my early favorite to win the MVP next season.

S

scottmcgrady

That's a good choice. Kevin Garnett has so much heart and plays so hard that if he gets a good team, i think that he could dominate like he used to. He is also a possible candidate for MVP next season.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't know if you watched the Kevin Garnett interview two years ago with John Thomson when the team was struggling to win games with the likes of Cassell and Wally. He was crying saying to John I am tired of it, I hate losing. It's one of the best interviews I've ever seen, it showed that he loved the game had passion for it, and didn't like to lose.

Anyways back to the topic, but what he needs is more players around him. I know he has Ricky Davis, and McCants should become a better player, and Marcus Banks should become better as well. But he needs that player who can average more then 20ppg.

S

scottmcgrady

Yes i have that interview in fact and if anyone wants me to upload it i will try and find it and post it. It's so interesting to watch to see how much he loves the game and tries so hard. A mindblowing interview and its about 10 minutes long.
Kevin Garnett definitely needs another 20 point scorer and/or a good point guard who can make plays. Timberwolves should look and try to be a big threat next year, making some changes in the off season.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yes I would for you to upload the interview I have been looking for it forever and never seem able to find it, so if you can put it here it would be great. Also yes they do need anotehr good threat, and they have the sixth pick in thei years draft, so I am sure they'll get a good pick, and they might even look to trade up with someone. Anyways back to the topic now. for everyone else who do you think we'll win the MVP next season.

S

scottmcgrady

I am uploading the interview right now and it will be up soon on sendspace. I think that Nash will still be another contender for MVP next season except i don't think he will get it because i don't think he deserves three MVP titles unless he averages about 30 points 12 assists and 10 rebounds. LeBron James will be up there for MVP for the rest of his life now, third season and he got second place, that's just good news for him. Kobe Bryant will be playing harder next year, possibly scoring more points but hopefully getting his team more involved like he did in the playoffs yet knowing when to score. Dwyane Wade will have a tough time getting MVP with Shaq yet he will get it sometime in his career.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah I also think that LeBron and Kobe wil be strong candidates for the award as well, but I tottaly agree with you on what you said that Kobe needs to get is players involve more, I think that Kwame will have a better season this year then he did last year. He showed a lot of promise in is last few games. Also Lamar and Kobe needs to work together, Odom is a triple double player, he does everything rebound score and dishes the ball very well, they need to get on the same page. Now here's another candidate that I was thinking of while I was typing this message. What about Yao Ming, I believe he was one of the best players after the all star break till he broke something in is foot, I am sure he's going to have a great season this year.

S

scottmcgrady

Kwame Brown keeps getting better every game and next year he could be a big time player. Lamar Odom has shown potential this year and he could be a pick player scoring wise next season and should be up their in leading the league in assists and rebounds. Kobe Bryant should be looking for 25+ points and 6-7+ assists per game.
Yao Ming has improved a lot yet i don't think he is up there in MVP performances during the season.

P

preludepunk27

If Sam Cassel didn't have his monster year and they still went to the 2nd Round of the playoffs, I honestly think Elton Brand would have won. He's the most underrated PF in the league prolly. The guy does it all offense and defense (which is rare in the NBA now). I know he was a top 5 MVP candidate this year. I personally would have given it to Dirk this season. Nash was kinda a cop out. Don't get me wrong I looooooooove Steve Nash (that crazy canadian) but I don't feel like he won it outright like he did last year. I think next year they'll prolly give the MVP to Lebron with Elton Brand and Dirk finishing up the top 3 in votes.