• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Who will be the host of Wrestlemania?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Spoilers from Raw:

Vince McMahon announced at the beginning of the show that next week he will be naming the host of Wrestlemania. Let the speculations begin. Some people people it will Justin Bieber. Here is who I believe it's going to be. He said it was going to be someone one pretty big, Wrestlemania will be in Atlanta this year, why not have Ted Turner? How huge would that be if Turner would host Wrestlemania? He and Vince feud for a while, and they were enemies at ones time.

Thoughts?

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I really don't know who it will be! I'm hoping either a larger celebrity than the usual RAW guest hosts, or a wrestling personality/legend that hasn't been around for a while. It would be cool to see it being the likes of Stone Cold, The Rock, etc.

I don't see it being Turner, as others have mentioned. Just because he's linked to WCW doesn't give him the personality to host the biggest PPV of the year, lol! I just don't see showing up on a wrestling broadcast to be fitting of his personality.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
There has been the Ted Turner rumor talk for a little bit now so I wouldn't be surprised if it was him at all. I don't think it'll be Austin since he's doing Tough Enough.

How about the Rock as Unity mentioned? Think that makes the most sense.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The thing is, if it was Ted Turner then that would help bring in viewers. Never in a million years would you think you'd ever see him at a WWE broadcast, meaning it would be huge. I really hope it turns out to be him, because I think he could do a good job as a host.

That said, I wouldn't mind if it turned out to be Dwayne Johnson, but I don't see that happening.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
The thing is, if it was Ted Turner then that would help bring in viewers. Never in a million years would you think you'd ever see him at a WWE broadcast, meaning it would be huge. I really hope it turns out to be him, because I think he could do a good job as a host.
I have to respectfully disagree with almost all of that, Uncle Biz.

When the WWE is thinking of Wrestlemania and a host, they have to be thinking of personality. Turner would be boring and would draw just about as many viewers as the Rosie O'Donnell impersonator fighting The Donald Trump impersonator on Raw from a few years ago. Just because he has money and used to own WCW doesn't mean people want to see him. Sure, he'd be good for Atlanta, but he's guest host material for Raw, not for The Grandest Stage of Them All.

Like I said, I think they'll be going for personality and superstar status on this one...whether that's Hollywood or WWE superstar remains to be seen.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't understand why Ted Turner would even agree to it. What's the point? Is Vince going to throw money at him? Turner has money. Will Vince promote Turner Broadcasting? What's the point in that?

Turner has no charisma, I hope it's not him to be honest.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have to respectfully disagree with almost all of that, Uncle Biz.

When the WWE is thinking of Wrestlemania and a host, they have to be thinking of personality. Turner would be boring and would draw just about as many viewers as the Rosie O'Donnell impersonator fighting The Donald Trump impersonator on Raw from a few years ago. Just because he has money and used to own WCW doesn't mean people want to see him. Sure, he'd be good for Atlanta, but he's guest host material for Raw, not for The Grandest Stage of Them All.

Like I said, I think they'll be going for personality and superstar status on this one...whether that's Hollywood or WWE superstar remains to be seen.
I have to disrespectfully with you The_Unity. Ted Turner isn't boring, I've seen him at different events(on t.v) and he can really be a good host. Also a host for Wrestlemania will only be on the air for a few minutes, so it doesn't really matter in the end.

Ted Turner was the main guy for WCW, he was the owner of the company that almost took out Vince company. I don't know if there's anymore interesting then have him host since they've been at war in the past. Seeing these two guys side by side would be a sight to see in my eyes.
------
I don't understand why Ted Turner would even agree to it. What's the point? Is Vince going to throw money at him? Turner has money. Will Vince promote Turner Broadcasting? What's the point in that?

Turner has no charisma, I hope it's not him to be honest.
You could say the same thing about Donal Trump but he was at Wrestlemania.

I don't think it's about promoting anything, it's about making a splash, and having Turner at Wrestlemania would hit the news fast, which would help promote the biggest Pay Per View of the year.

Last edited:

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
The Ted Turner idea is certainly viable, but I really am not digging that notion since a lot of the younger viewers would be confused to who he is.

Personally, I really hope it is The Rock. If it isn't him, maybe Bischoff? Haha. Just kidding. Bischoff is too busy in TNA to jump ship back over, right?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well, I'm sure Bishoff is under contract if anything else.

The kids thing is a good argument. It is not going to get more people to buy the PPV. Maybe it'll give it more media attention but that doesn't necessarily mean it'll get more PPV buys.

The Rock would do that.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Well, I'm sure Bishoff is under contract if anything else.

The kids thing is a good argument. It is not going to get more people to buy the PPV. Maybe it'll give it more media attention but that doesn't necessarily mean it'll get more PPV buys.

The Rock would do that.
The Rock would cause the buys to go THROUGH THE ROOF. Plus, The Rock said he wouldn't wrestle again, but would not throw away a major WWE opportunity.