• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Who will be the best rookie for the 2008 season of football?

cheezer465

Registered Member
Who will be the best rookie in the 2008 season of football?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I'm still trying to figure that out, myself. It's so hard to predict who will have the biggest impact on their team, who will actually get to start, and who will win Offensive/Defensive rookie of the year.

With the current trends in football, I think it will be either a receiver or a running back. Pittman seems to be doing well, but I can't really make a choice.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
2008 season? Assuming you mean this year, I think an offensive lineman like Joe Thomas will have the biggest impact for his team.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
He probably meant the 2007-2008 season, but who knows.

CaliforniaSteve

Registered Member
Yea, thats a tough question... I see a running back getting Offensive rookie of the year, due to the fact that they get the most touches. Maybe Marshawn Lynch of the Bills? they have a poor passing game and I think hes going to get lots of touches. Had Brady Quinn made it to camp on time I would have gone with him...but he didn't so I'm not. In terms of defense..... I dunno...maybe Lamarr Woodley, LB for the Steelers? Hes looked good in the preseason, and I think he'll start over Timmons(groin injury). Pitts defense is tailored to the LBs, so theres no reason he cant get Rookie of the year stats.

Gwiz

Registered Member
My pick would be Calvin Johnson for the Detroit Lions. I know the Lions aren't a good team due to mismanagement and coaching. Calvin has great hands and speed and can confuse the secondary of any defense. They just have to get him the ball more oftem to be an impact player.

CaliforniaSteve

Registered Member
That may be, but its going to be hard for the Lions to get him the ball so often. Kitna has a poor line blocking for him, and way too many weapons to throw to. He cant focus solely on Johnson.

God_Of_War

Registered Member
If Kitna is under a lot of pressure you can bet he's gonna throw it to a 6'5" wide receiver with a 48 inch vertical.