Who wears eyeglasses?

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
1. Do you wear them all the time? Alternate with contact lenses?

2. How often do you change/upgrade?

3. Do you misplace them often?

I wear mine when I'm watching the TV (or when I go out and it's important to read from a distance).

My daughter just broke my eyeglasses today so I'll have to change it. I got it in 2004. I haven't upgraded since, and I haven't had my eyes checked so I don't know if I probably needed another type of lens. I do have a back up pair (lower grade) which was the one I had before this one. Now if only I can find it...

I misplace them every now and then (I always find it, of course) and it's one of the most annoying things to lose because the difficulty of looking for it just reminds you how much you needed it. "If I had my eyeglasses, I would have found my eyeglasses faster." (something like that, haha).

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
1. Hardly ever. I wear contacts most of the time. I have the type of contacts that I can leave in for 2 weeks at a time including while I sleep. For the sake of not endorsing or condoning leaving them in for 2 weeks at a time I will not say how long I really leave them in for... :D

2. Every few years if necessary but it's been a while. My glasses prescription is from 2003 and it's still fine.

3. Never.

I like wearing sunglasses so I hardly ever wear my real glasses. Contacts are definitely the way to go if you ask me. I'd never do lasik (or whatever) though. I wouldn't want to risk a botch operation.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I use to wear eyeglasses when I was younger, I wore them for about ten years I believe. Then one day I went to the eye doctor and he told me I didn't need them anymore. I was very happy.

But when I had to wear them, I lost them a lot, I had to replace them a few times because they broke. I wasn't a big fan of eyeglasses thats for sure.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I'm too apprehensive with the idea of putting stuff on my eyes (except eyedrops) that's why I haven't considered contact lenses. I can't even look at my sister when she puts or remove her lenses.

LadyPinky

scientia potestas est

Wear them all the time. Used to wear contacts, don't like em.

About once a year, or so. Just got a sweet tortoiseshell and green pair.

Nope always have em on. Except when I sleep.

DLFerguson

Registered Member
I used to wear contacts when I was younger and far more active than I am now. I played handball, practiced karate and worked a second job as a bartender/bouncer so I really didn't want to be bothered with glasses. Now I don't wear 'em at all. Too damn lazy to be bothered taking them in and out and I'm not as active as I used to be.

Matter of fact for the past few years I've had two pairs of glasses: one pair for general wear and a second pair I wear for when I'm working at my computer. I'm usually on my computer writing for long periods of time so I need a special pair to reduce eyestrain.

Blueyes

Registered Member

Contacts, have to wear them and/or glasses or I'm blind as a bat. I started wearing glasses when I was in 2nd grade. I wear daily contacts which are supposed to be monthly's but I have been wearing this exact pair now for about 2 years :/ I did also recently break my glasses so which I have had with the same prescription for about 10 years :/ Lack of money man, these things are expensive. I did the insurance card thing this year which is why I have the money for contacts, glasses and the exam. Gotta get it set up, I've been lazy.

Not nearly as much as I should which is supposed to be once a year which is why nobody will give you more contacts or new eyeglasses if the prescription is over a year old.

Nope because as stated above I can't see ANYTHING without them.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
1. Yes I wear glasses and have to have them on at all times. I can't stand the feeling of contacts so i don't use them.

2. I get my eyes checked every 2 or 3 years, depending on if I break them sooner than that.

3. Yes, that's why I have more than one pair of each of my glasses, 2 regular and 2 prescription sunglasses. It also doesn't help me when the tiny master takes them and hides or breaks them. Like today..

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
To everybody who says they can't stand the feeling of contacts.. what feeling?

Did you try hard of soft contacts? Hard contacts feel HORRIBLE, but soft contacts don't feel like anything. I can't even feel them once they are in.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
I tried both, but when you have a seizure they don't feel to good afterwards. Also if you do extreme sports one grain of sand or salt can ruin you day for good. hurts like a bitch.

Not to mention my hands shake too much now to even try to put a pair of those things in.