Who wears a helmet when their on their bke

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
well I don't ride a bike right now but I would love to get back into it. Maybe soon : )

Anyway I do make my daughter wear a helmet though ; ) When I ride again I will be wearing a helmet.

I know several people that ride motorcycles that also wear helmets. I'm sure it's a good idea :nod:

Psyco

Food Whore
Whenever i ride my bike, i usually wear my helmet. Mostly because when i end up riding my bike its over rough terrain, or i'm going fast/dong something stupid. I'd rather not crack my head open, so i wear it.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I used to wear one depending on if I was in the mood or not until I had a pretty bad crash a few months ago. Luckily I had a helmet on at the time because I did hit the helmet on the ground when I crashed.

I also wear biking gloves now when I ride bikes. I don't actually have a bike at the moment though so I haven't been riding one lately.

Van

Heavy Weapons Guy
V.I.P.
Wearing your helmet on your is comparable to putting on your seatbelt while driving. It takes under 5 seconds to put on and can save your life. I know someone who is a semi pro road biker and he got in a terrible accident on his way to swim practice. He is a semi-pro which means he knew what he was doing. He crashed by slipping on some gravel. Slipping on some gravel! He only reason he is alive today is that he was wearing a helmet. Even with the helmet he got a conclusion and could not do anything for weeks. So you still think its smart not wear your helmet. Don't use laziness as your excuse or you may not be making anymore excuses ever again.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
i always wear a helmet. There is nothing that is not worth it when it comes to death or life. You might notice that everyone in the Tour De France Wears a helmet and so does everybody else that does really competitive biking. I would much rather have a really really scratched up $15 helmet than have a gash in my head so the hair won't grow, I would also rather be alive than dead.