Who should vote for the end of the year awards?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
As you many know or not know, a team of sports writers for their respective sport choose the winners of the season awards that are handed out at the end of the year. Do you agree that they should be the one who gets to choose, you believe it should be done in another fashion? Thoughts and explanations?

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
This is one thing for sure that I feel is a win for the NHL. I hear once in a great while that the NHL gives way to many awards & trophies out at the end of the year but I disagree. I think they are all worth giving.

But heres where they win.... The trophies and awards in the NHL are given by panels of more than just sports writers.

For instance alot of them are based on stats which are generally inarguable. But the ones like the "Leaster B. Pearson Award" For the NHL's most Oustanding Player is selected by the Players Association.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think sports writers, on the whole, are idiots. With that said who else should vote? The players? The fans? The owners? I dont know if there are better options.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Having sports writers give out the awards has always irked me. I think the Player's Association should have the final say.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Sports writers are idiots. Coaches are too biased to vote (fuck college football's ranking system). Fan voting is retarded (vote for favorite player). I've never been a big fan of awards in the first place, but I guess the Players Association would be best to handle it.