Who Should Leave Feedback First?

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by Julie, May 17, 2005.

1. Julie

Julie Registered Member

I would have to say I do an equal amount of buying and selling. So looking at it from both angles, what's your opinion? Who should leave feedback first, the buyer or the seller?

2. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

The Seller should leave feedback first. Feedback should be given on how the person handles the transaction. If the buyer responds and pays quickly, feedback should be left as soon as the proverbial check clears..

Thats not how its done, there is alof of feedback extortion on ebay, sellers who dont leave feedback until a positive is recieved, and that shouldnt happen

3. Julie

Julie Registered Member

I have found in most items I've purchased that the seller waits for me to leave FB before I get mine. Very rarely do I get FB first from a seller.

4. SamusAran86

yeah, because if you leave them a negative, they will leave you one right back

Even if you payed for the auction 2 seconds after it ends... they hold it over your head until they get what they want. If you dont leave feedback, they will probably do the same to you, and just not leave it.

When I sell, I leave feedback as soon as I get the money.
    When I buy, I leave feedback on how the seller handled the transaction. I dont care if they leave a negative on me anymore, because I can reply to it, and anyone who investagates the people they buy from, will easily see that I held up my end of the bargain, the other end didnt.

5. Julie

Julie Registered Member

I've seen some sellers say they used to leave FB first, but ran into the problem of sometimes buyers leaving pre-mature neg FB (leaving neg w/out contacting seller with problem). I've always contacted my sellers with any problems, I give them the chance to rectify the situation before leaving FB.

So what if you're the seller, you leave your buyer pos FB, your buyer gets item & goes on & leaves you a neg without ever contacting you first? I've seen a lot of newbie buyers do this.

6. fairyquadmother

fairyquadmother Registered Member

I should leave it right away, but I usually wait until I know they have it, and if they haven't complained, I'll leave a positive.

If I get a neg, then I get one. I'm not going to freak out over it. I can't please the world and every once in a while, you'll run into a big jerk (see my auctions lol).

I figure that guy is not going to give me a negative, because he knows that I'll respond and people will just realize what an idiot he was LOL. (thanks for letting me point it out twice buddy).

7. Mina

Mina Registered Member

As a seller I always wait until the package in in the buyers hands before I leave feedback. This way I can say that it all went smoothly. This also lets me leave the feedback after I KNOW that the customer receved it and gives me more options if they try to say they didn't get it when tracking info says they did.

8. Julie

Julie Registered Member

I have a LOT of Newbie buyers on my auctions for some reason. So I let them leave FB first. When I first started & my FB wasn't that high, I would leave it first. But not every buyer would leave me FB. I think most of them figured "hey, I got mine so I don't need to leave any". Now almost all of my buyers leave FB because they want to get their FB.

9. SamusAran86

I understand your point, but I guess the whole thing is a double-edged sword. Either way, somehow you will get screwed with feedback

10. doubles2004

doubles2004 Registered Member

Well when i sell i leave feedback after payment is recieved. some leave it in return some dont .Ebay needs to change there feedback system