• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Who Remembers Me? (samus? rs? anyone?)

Matt

I'm zmasterx (ZMX) from the former ZMX forums. Some might remember me. Samus, RS, Deatha (if he's still around)...don't know who all is still around.

I was just sitting back and for some reason I asked myself "Hey, I wonder if Rareshooters.com is still around"

I checked it out and sure enough, it still exists and it lead me here. So I'm just here to say hey, how's it going? I won't really be posting, just stopping by to say hi.

Julie

Registered Member
I don't know you cuz I just recently joined this site, but let me just say:

Hi & Welcome & hope you come around more & post!

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Hey Matt, good to see you here. Did you ever get your cd's going?

(I am Andrew btw who used to run RS)

You don't have to be a active poster but an update now and then is always welcome! :)

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I'm DaStevez, I've also been around since the Ezboard days of RareShooters. I doubt you remember me, it wasn't until the first move that I became a reg.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's funny because the only reason I keep that site up is just in case people from back in the day (hey, 5 years ago counts as back in the day right?) try to find it. :)

So far it's caught a few. That's the only reason PDC is still up too. ;)

Matt

I remember both of you.

I did get real good at writing lyrics and I made a few demos but didn't like them enough to promote them. I'm actually in the middle of writing a novel at the moment.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
Matt, whats happanin man.

Havent seen ya around in ages.

Sounds like to have your hands full. I know someone who's been writing novels, actually has 3 of them out in the last 2 years... he's almost always beat, but hes enjoying it (just not the part of dealing with the publishers)

I havent seen or talked to deatha in a long time.

Last edited:

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I keep in touch with Ty (Deatha) every once in a while. He seems to be doing just fine.

What type of novels are you writing? I always thought it would be cool to get into writing but never got around to looking into it. The longest I've written is about 90 pages printed out at about size 9 font.

I also tried my luck with writing some music, but never wrote any lyrics. I tried learning guitar but that's another thing I never finished. :)

SamusAran86

Registered Member
Andrew said:
I keep in touch with Ty (Deatha) every once in a while. He seems to be doing just fine.
yeah, but have you yet to show him this 'network' of sites, or ae youstill too afraid too?

I stopped taling to him when I spent good money to get his board going and he basically went AWOL on it... and the fact that hes so conceded that it makesTom Cruise look like a saint... go figure!!

Matt

It's hard to describe the type of novel I'm writing...it's like poetry made into a novel. It's real in depth.

Lyrics were my forte. But I wasn't liking the sound of the overall product so I sat down and contemplated what else I could do with my talent and the idea for this book just came to me. Afterall, if I'm good at writing, why not utilize the writing instead of music that can detract from it. That was my thought.

And hey Samus...actually, my hands aren't full enough. I'm slacking off so much. I'm just trying to get back to writing a lot like I was in the past. When I made my demo a year ago I was getting an hour of sleep a night and working on it nearly 23 hours a day when I was on lay off from work...I don't wanna fully go back to that, but I need to balance out my writing more with my other activities cuz right now I'm not spending enough time on it.