• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Who plays tennis?

shelgarr

Registered Member
I do. I do. I'm about a level 3.0 getting closer to 3.5. I play doubles 2-3 times per week, and singles maybe once or twice if I can.

Dabs

Registered Member
I used to love to play tennis.....back when I was a married person, my husband and I played as often as we could, that and badminton :)
It was so much fun.
I'm not as fast as I used to be.....and I'm quite more busy than I ever remember being......my body is giving me crap and I have to tend to that first *sigh*

Bliss

Sally Twit
It was the only sport I enjoyed when I was in school. There is a tennis centre close to where I live so I might join. Just got to convince my boyfriend to join me.

shelgarr

Registered Member
Cool. Post here when you play a match. Analyze your game, set goals, break bad habits.

Love badminton too Dabs. My husband and I took a college course together. Fun sport!

Dabs

Registered Member
Cool. Post here when you play a match. Analyze your game, set goals, break bad habits.

Love badminton too Dabs. My husband and I took a college course together. Fun sport!

Shel....when I was 8 months pregnant with my last child, my husband and I had a badminton set up in our backyard, and I played...with the big huge belly and all!!
It was fun.....I stayed in pretty decent shape for being a big ole pregnant lady :lol:

shelgarr

Registered Member
Anyone playing?! I know it's winter but some areas have indoor tennis.

I got out yesterday. Only 3 of us could meet so we played australian format. That is one against two, where the single side serves, and can play into the doubles court, while the two on the other side have to play into the singles court. If the single person wins the game, they score one point. It then rotates clockwise and continues on.

It wasn't too good of a day for me. Only won 2 games out of about 22 games that we played. Argh. Negative thinking, and lack of confidence are my two big flaws. Physically I can play, mentally is a obstacle. A chapter in a book I have says to "trust your body". That's what I need to do. Don't worry about the outcome...just play the game.

shelgarr

Registered Member
Got out for some doubles and then one singles set. Pretty fun. Did better. Keeping the knees bent. Taking my time getting set up. Weather here was 60F and sunny. Nearly perfect for tennis....overcast is even better.