Who Plays Guitar Hero?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by RTWmaniac, Jan 29, 2008.

1. RTWmaniac

RTWmaniac Registered Member

I'm surprised I haven't seen any talk on this game here. I've been playing GH2 for a while now. I've beaten every song on expert except Freebird (impossible). Started playing GH3 last week. I like the songs from 3 more, but I think the set list from 2 has better melodies and leads and is more fun to play. Thoughts?

2. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

I play 2 every now and then just to do Misirlou. |:

3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I've played a little Guitar Hero 2 and it's definitely a fun game. I've been trying to decide whether to get that or Rock Band.

4. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

My girls play GH3 like minnie addicts. They have it for the 360 and the Wii, but the Wii is in the basement so doesn't get as much action.
    Personally, I wouldn't mind them finding a new favorite game.

5. RTWmaniac

When I first heard about Rock Band, I figured there was no point in getting GH3. However, after playing both games, I prefer GH3 for some reason. I suppose I'm just partial to the action on the GH guitars. When I play Rock Band, I would much rather play the drums. And when I do, I don't enjoy it as much as shredding on expert in GH.

6. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I'd say get GH2, Echoes.

I can do it with around 90-94% completion when I'm in practice...

7. RTWmaniac

But in practice, you can't fail the song, can you?

8. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

No, I meant quite literally "in practice" as in when I've been playing Guitar Hero on a consistent basis.

9. redsoxocd

redsoxocd living on the border

I love GH2, I havent played GH3 yet. GH2 introduced me to a lot of good bands (a.k.a. the police...message in a bottle got stuck in my head so much)