• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Who picked up Revenge of the Sith?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
If you don't know what "Revenge of the Sith" is then this thread is clearly not for you! :D

I personally am waiting for the 6 pack, but will probably rent it this weekend. :)

SamusAran86

Registered Member
Yes, I have picked it up already, watched it like 12 times... 4 of them the commentary

Watched part of disk 2... kinda sad its all over

Nanner

Registered Member
Oh Oh OH I think I know this one. Yeah like you won't tell me if I'm wrong :lol:

This is "suppose to be" the last Star Wars movie and it just came out on DVD?

Did I win?

SamusAran86

Registered Member
actually this is the middle most star wars movie...

episode VI: Return of the Jedi would be the last star wars movie...

Nanner

Registered Member
OK then why did you say you'll be sad to see it over?

Don't confuse me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iggyshotthebear

Registered Member
Nanner, they could have serious fun confusing you right now... technically, the last three that just came out are the first three... the three that came out in the late 70's early 80's are the middle three... and then the last three arent movies... yet :p George Lucas said he wasnt going to do them... but he also said he wasnt going to do the first three either... soooo... yeah its confusing no matter how ya put it ROFL

Ok maybe this'll clear it up a bit...

Book 1: The Phantom Menace (Movie #4) 1999
Book 2: Attack of the Clones (Movie #5) 2002
Book 3: Revenge of the Sith (Movie #6, most recently released) 2005
Book 4: Star Wars (Movie #1) 1977
Book 5: Empire Strikes Back (Movie #2) 1980
Book 6: Return of the Jedi (Movie #3) 1983

How the books were written, how the movies were actually made, and what years they were released.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
Nanner said:
OK then why did you say you'll be sad to see it over?

Don't confuse me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Iggy explained it pretty well... basically Lucas said he wont make any more, thats why Im dissapointed

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Except that he seemed to write each book with each movie. Nobody knew much about Episodes 1-3 until the movies came out. George Lucas had the basic timeline down, but didn't release the information to the fans really.

I personally would like to see Episodes 7-9 made in maybe 10 years or so. Let people have a little break, but then get the films in while the actors are the right age. Actually, if Episode 7 were made, it would be a good 25-30 years after Episode 3, so if Lucas can secure the contracts, technically he could wait 30 years and still use the same people. However, keep in mind that the Empire from 4-6 was the same actor used for 1-3. He looked a lot younger then, and actually it WAS 30 years later. So really the important thing would be to do the movies as soon as possible in order to get them done before anybody dies. Hey the Emperor (actor) is actually getting up there now in age. He MAY not be needed for 7-9, but if they follow the story, you later find out that he actually has been cloning himself as an adult for quite a while now. Actually he dies between a few of the movies, and it was never in the movie script so people don't know about it. He clones himself again and he's back just as he was before, so nobody notices. Anyway, it's confusing, but it would be nice to get 7-9 with as many of the actors from 1-3 as possible. Heck, if they did the timeline right, they MIGHT be able to work original 4-6 actors into 7-9. Only time will tell. I doubt George Lucas will be able to sit still knowing that SW is "done." It's his life. He will want more just as much as the fans do. He makes SO much money off of these, I don't see why he wouldn't do 7-9 in a few years or so.

Ok, now Darth Tater can correct me on all of this because I'm sure I got some of it wrong. :)

Nanner

Registered Member
I knew that Lucas had said that he wasn't doing anymore so that's why I said what I did. Little did I know that they put them out in a weird order just to mess up my possible brilliant answer....for a non SW fan. :-/ Oh well I was kinda close....

BTW No I didn't pick it up :D

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
Nanner said:
I knew that Lucas had said that he wasn't doing anymore so that's why I said what I did. Little did I know that they put them out in a weird order just to mess up my possible brilliant answer....for a non SW fan. :-/ Oh well I was kinda close....

BTW No I didn't pick it up :D
LOL but I would imagine that you DID pick up the latest Disney movie release. Cinderella 2 disc set? hahaha

oh and I didn't pick it up either : )