Who pays the bill?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EllyDicious, Jul 23, 2009.

1. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

do you usually pay the bill when you're in a bar/restaurant ?
    or someone else does it for you? or everyone pays their own?

so, if you're a girl and you go out with a guy (whoever it is friend/boyfriend) who pays the bill?

if you are 2 guys?

if you are 2 girls?

or if there are more people on the table? it depends???

Here in Albania people pay for their friends or whoever is on the table.
    the one who makes the invitation for a drink/lunch/dinner, he/she is going to pay.
    usually guys pay for girls and when there are only girls in the table, one pays for all of them or each pays for their own.
    when there are only guys, one pays for all of them.

2. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

do you usually pay the bill when you're in a bar/restaurant ?
    On average, I usually don't pay. It's because 7 times out of 10 that I go to a restaurant I'm with my parents, I suppose.

so, if you're a girl and you go out with a guy (whoever it is friend/boyfriend) who pays the bill?
    The guy, unless I can convince otherwise. Usually if someone else pays in any circumstance other than my parents, I'll buy them a drink later or whatever.

if you are 2 girls?
    We split it, always.

Again, split the bill/everyone pays for their own.

3. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

i see my guy friends have this tendency or telling girls "you know ... times have changed .. it's not necessary for a guy to pay for the girl, anymore. it's an old fashion. .. "

i hate this sentence. it's silly how guys want to escape from paying, like that. haha ..

4. potterychic

potterychic Registered Member

Well when I was dating the guy would pay and I would do the tips. Although I was dating the guy I married. Now that were married it's still that way. I pay for more of the movie seeing though. Does that count, LOL.

5. Nibbles

Nibbles meep

If the person I'm with insists on paying then no not that often. It's cute though when a guy pays as if they feel obligated.

6. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

There's no guy/girl rule anymore when I got out eat with friends or even with my exes (or husband for that matter).

With friends, we split the bill. If there's a special occasion, the one in honor could be the one paying for everyone or we all split the bill so s/he alone doesn't pay.

Of course if it was an invitation (time, date, place chosen by the other), usually that person offers to pay. Either way, I always carry my card with me just to be sure. I offer to pay the tip, if ever.

7. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Usually if I am out with friends the bill is split. I only pay foot the bill if I am in the mood or on a date or returning a favor.

8. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

If i'm out with friends we'll just split the cost. If i'm out with a friend for their birthday or whatever, i'll pay or we'll split the cost between the group, making sure they don't pay. If i'm on a date, I pay for myself. I hate the guy paying.

9. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

It's also silly to think about women wanting equal treatment, then wanting us to pay for them.

10. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

The only guy I go out for meals with is my boyfriend and he always pays the bill. Even if I try and pay he'll go to chop my hand off.

if you are 2 guys?
    Mmmm.

if you are 2 girls?
    We'd pay for our own food.

Sometimes we'd split it or sometimes we'd pay for our own food. It depends if it's friends or colleagues.