• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Who needs a new gimmick?

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I definitely like the idea, but two issues with it:

(1) That's not really a change in persona for Archer, just a new singles angle.

(2) Archer/Hawkins are a great team (watch their matches) and the division needs them for now...on the other hand, we still have TONS of mid-card guys in the WWE just floating around doing nothing. Why add to the pile without making new teams?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I definitely like the idea, but two issues with it:

(1) That's not really a change in persona for Archer, just a new singles angle.
Makes him more lethal that way, give him a brawler persona, make him wear jeans only and biker/cowboy boots all the time.

(2) Archer/Hawkins are a great team (watch their matches) and the division needs them for now...on the other hand, we still have TONS of mid-card guys in the WWE just floating around doing nothing. Why add to the pile without making new teams?
I know what you're saying, but like I said earlier the Tag Team division is a joke, and that's a fact. I've seen many matches involving Hawkins/Archer, they're a talented tag team, but they'll get lost in the shuffle eventually. They're going to break up within the next two months anyway. I believe the WWE are really high on Archer and will give him a singles push sooner rather than later.

viLky

ykLiv
The Uso's - They're currently twin MVP's. We've seen enough of this and it gets tiring after constantly popping up on our screen. I'd say switch them to faces and give them a... Hawaiian gimmick. Have them wear some lei to random WWE audience members while talking in a surfer accent. I think it would go over better than what they have going for them currently.

Hmm... nobody mentioned Vance Archer's back tattoo as some may refer to it as a "tramp stamp". Think he should get rid of that to be taken somewhat seriously?