Who needs a new gimmick?

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Which talented wrestler needs a new gimmick to take that next step?

For me it's Morisson, I think he needs a complete change. I always thought that John had more potential than The Miz when they broke up, but The Miz as become the biggest star between the two.

I think if you remove his "Hollywood" gimmick and give him something that we can take more seriously it would really help him take that next step into a superstar.

How about you guys?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2010

2. Bubbles

Bubbles I ♥ Haters

John Morrison definitely needs a gimmick change and so does R-Truth, the whole rapper thing is getting a bit old. Infact, while they're at it, they might as well change his entrance theme as well. It annoys the fuck outta me.

John Cena's another one. I'm not really bothered by his gimmick tho, but I think its definitely time for a heel turn. I don't really see that happening any time soon since every 6 or 7 year old boy looks up to him. And its the same with Rey Mysterio.

3. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I personally think Morrison is fine. The WWE is just screwing him up and they don't know what to do with him. He has so much potential and so much to give, WWE just lacks creativity with him. At least that's how I feel about the whole situation.

The following people need gimmick changes:
    - The Gatecrashers
    - The Dudebusters
    - Christian
    - Chavo (go back to Kerwin White)
    - Michelle McCool

All the guys I've listed have great talent, it's just their gimmick holds them back. They're too silly, and the WWE can do better. As for Michelle McCool, her gimmick is just annoying. Don't think I'm a mark because of it, it's genuinely annoying. I can't stand her or her voice.

4. Babe_Ruth

I personally believe Christian is fine, I just believe the WWE doesn't see him as a Main Event guy.

Another wrestler that I believe would benifit from a new gimmick is Vance Archer. I know he's doing the whole Tag Team thing, but I believe eventually he'll become a single competitor, and when he does make sure to change his gimmick and he could become a star in the WWE.

5. Unity

Unity Dragon Clan Staff Member

:jawdrop::facepalm:

----------------------------
    Also, BR, what do you think Archer should do?

I think he's a convincing enough monster on his own, I just can't think of what he'd need.

6. Lmao that's what I was thinking too.:lol:

7. Babe_Ruth

*This would all happen after Night of Champions.

That's a good question Unity. First off, the Tag Team division is a joke once again. The USO's were promising at first, but now they're a joke, and stuck in a storyline between Sarona and Santino. Hart Dynasty are barely making an impact anymore. I would break Archer and Hawkins up, than move Archer to Raw since I believe he could have better feuds.

During Night of Champions, Daniel wins the US Title over The Miz, and then on Raw the next day you have Archer attack Daniel backstage. But you only see Daniel lying on the ground, you don't know who actually attacked him. Now a lot of people would think it could be Nexus, or even The Miz.

Then next week Raw you have Daniel come out as soon as the show starts, you have him say something like "I'm calling out whoever attacked me backstage last week. If no one comes out I'll find you my way" No one comes out, Daniel eventually talks to The Miz, but he denies everything, then he talks to Barrett and he denies everything. Then at the main event you have Daniel vs Jericho, you make Daniel the winner of the match. Just before the show ends, you have Archer come out of the back, and just point at Daniel for two seconds, than you make him leave. Daniel as this puzzled look on his face..

Then after that you slowly build it to become a great feud.

8. Bubbles

Bubbles I ♥ Haters

Apply for a job with the WWE creative team, Bizzy. NAO!

9. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

LOL at "point for two seconds"...how about he just come in and bash the hell out of Daniel? an impact is a hell of a lot better than "point for two seconds" HAHA!

Morrison is rubbish when it comes to the mic, he just needs to improve on that, and he would be pretty sweet, otherwise he'll really need to step up his game in the ring, even though it's not really needed lol!

The Miz is doing an EPIC job at the moment, all he needs is a few more catchphrases, and perhaps over time turn him into a face, and we'll have our selves a modern day Rocky lol! Now that would be AWESOME haha!

10. Babe_Ruth

He's already done the whole beating up Bryan angle. He's left his impact already a week ago, coming out and pointing at him is more dramatic in this instance. It's a great way to finish off a show, and it leaves Bryan puzzled, and the fans wondering what is going to happen next between the two.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010