Movies Who likes Monty Python?!?!?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Psycho-Ginger, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Psycho-Ginger

Psycho-Ginger Registered Member

You've got two empty halves of coconut and you're bangin' 'em together.

Oh, yeah, an African swallow maybe, but not a European swallow. That's my point.

Wait a minute! Supposing two swallows carried it together?

Oh, I can't take him like that. It's against regulations.

Who's that, then?
    I dunno. Must be a king.
    Why?
    He hasn't got shit all over him.

What I object to is that you automatically treat me like an inferior!

Oh, King, eh, very nice. And how d'you get that, eh? By exploiting the workers! By 'anging on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic and social differences in our society. If there's ever going to be any progress with the—

I didn't know we had a king. I thought we were an autonomous collective.

You're fooling yourself. We're living in a dictatorship: a self-perpetuating autocracy in which the working classes—

I told you. We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week,...
    ...but all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting...
    ...by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs,...
    ...but by a two-thirds majority in the case of more major—

Well, how did you become King, then?
    The Lady of the Lake,...
    ...her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water signifying by Divine Providence that I, Arthur, was to
    carry Excalibur.
    … That is why I am your king!

Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a
    mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Well, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!

I mean, if I went 'round saying I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help! Help! I'm being repressed!

Oh, what a give-away. Did you hear that? Did you hear that, eh? That's what I'm on about. Did you see him repressing me? You saw it,
    didn't you?

'Tis but a scratch.
    A scratch? Your arm's off!
    No, it isn't.
    Well, what's that, then?
    I've had worse.
    You liar!
    Come on, you pansy!

Look, you stupid bastard. You've got no arms left.

Oh. Oh, I see. Running away, eh? You yellow bastards! Come back here and take what's coming to you. I'll bite your legs off!

We have found a witch. May we burn her?

And that, my liege, is how we know the earth to be banana-shaped.
    This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how sheep's bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.

Jeanie likes this.

2. whateverdude_09

whateverdude_09 Registered Member

i love monty python!! but my littlest brother lost my copy of The Holy Grail.

"and thou shall take thy holy hand grenade and lob it towards thine enemies."

3. Psycho-Ginger

i don't have all the quotes... yet i'm working on that but the quotes that i have got are from like the first 10 or 15 minutes of the movie

and ha your brother lost your movie hahahaha

4. whateverdude_09

whateverdude_09 Registered Member

Get on Ardent...right now! you need to talk to the citizens of your country...in the department of light conversation.

5. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

6. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

I love Monty Python. I've seen all the movies and watched most of the flying Circus series. It's retarded funny.

7. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

We watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail every year when I was in high school from like 8th grade on.

Loved it.

8. Psycho-Ginger

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetness
    and all that junk

9. PMD14

PMD14 New Member

I think it is quite funny but not as funny as everybody thinks it is. My favourite sketch show is the old A bit of Fry and Laurie and the new Little Britain USA is good as well. Didn't really like the three original Little Britain seasons but I think the USA one is better.

10. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I think its funny but some of the films aren't that easy to watch, I dunno why.
    Watched Life of Brian the other day and I kept wanting to do something else after a while even though some bits made me laugh loads :lol::confused: