Who knows Disneyland? (or LA)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nanner, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

I think I'm FINALLY going to make it to CA this summer (or fall)! YIPPPEEEE! That will be 3 parks under my belt (so to speak). I don't see Tokyo or Hong Kong in the near future :D

Anyway since I've never been to the LA area I need some hints and tips!

Areas to stay (thinking about DL hotel but not sure yet). Areas to avoid?

Recommended things to do besides DL? (we'll have a 3.5 yr old with us) We'd probably be there about 5 non flying days. One thing I do want to do is see the Pacific. Any particular beach area to go to?

Car? For people who drive in fairly normal places is this a good idea? We like our freedom when we go places but would we be nuts to try it the first time there? (then again we drove in England but never ever ever again)!!!!

Anything else you can think of?

THANKS!!!!

2. nani1987

nani1987 Registered Member

I have a nephew who lives in santa barabara and I will ask him... for ya... I want to go to disneyland too.. I live in california but aniheim is about 6hrs away from me.. but I plan to go if i sell my mystery bag for what I can.. use that money for bills and gas money for the trip... and maybe one day stay at a hotel.......lol my dog is even going... can't leave him alone.......lol what I find out I pass it on.... I think ares lives in LA she would be good to ask I think she does but don't quote me for sure.......lol I been wrong b4 lol nani

3. 1_ares_1

1_ares_1 Registered Member

Car is a must! Just like the old 80's song (Nobody Walks in LA, Missing Persons)

Go see the natural history museum in LA and the La Brea Tar pits (cool dinosaurs)

Ripleys Believe It Or Not (right down the street from mickeys home)

Long Beach Aquarium if the Pacific is really cool (has tanks to pet lil sharks and rays)

If you can get down to San Diego the Wild Animal Park is awsome!

Los Angeles has a great zoo also.

I don't know if you have Macaroni Grill where you live but it's a pretty cool Italian restaurant with live Italian singers wondering around, very cool.

Laguna Beach has some of the prettiest tide pools on the coast. lots of little critters live in there. Also some really neat shops.

Oh Crud!! Almost forgot!! You should definately find a day for Knotts Berry Farm! Have some wild fun there and stay for the Knotts Chicken Dinner...yummy.

Gosh Finally a thread I know something about... I could go on and on....

I was born in Anaheim and lived in Orange County for my first 31 years.

4. nani1987

nani1987 Registered Member

I knew ares was the one on this topic.... sounds like an expert to me... ares I will keep in touch with ya when I go.........lol nani

5. momtobrenna

momtobrenna Registered Member

I 2nd that!!! That wild animal park is my favorite place i've ever been!!

6. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I don't know a thing about Disneyland, but just wanted to say let me know when you're going so I can mail myself to you and tag along! I'm thinking if I try really-really hard I could squeeze into one of the flat rate boxes! ;)

7. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

LOL Thanks! Keep going on and on and on and on and on!!!

Yes we have Mac Grills here.....but I've never been. Will have to try it now.
    Ripleys.....been to one in Vegas and Orlando.....both were pretty much the same??????

Your the 2nd person to say San Diego and the animal park. Is that the same as the zoo or totally different? (A San Fran friend said the same thing) Almost did San Diego once.....then we moved instead. Hey can I bring the kid over and then me and the hubby hit Mexico? :D

So are we going to be totally lost driving? The only thing I know about driving there is you can't flip people off like you can here :lol:

Any areas to avoid as far as places to stay? Neighborhoods or general areas? (although even this midwesterner knows ya just don't head into S. Central.....just like you stay away from S. Chicago......)

Ahhh what's a "tide pool"? Anything like when the kid blows bubbles in the tub? :D

My must see's.....

The OTHER ocean
    G. Chinese Theater
    Rodeo Drive (just to see.....even a drive by)
    Something "Hollywood" Even if it's just the hookers on the corner :D
    Ahhhhh errrrr there is at least 2 more but my brain! Oh my brain!!!!! :p

8. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

Hop aboard! (But you're watching the kid when we wanna do adult things :D)

.....is it 60 seconds yet?......

9. momtobrenna

momtobrenna Registered Member

THe Wild Animal Park isn't like the zoo. They have like this train like thing and you go on a tour through the different "continents". The animals live out there like they live in the wild. Of coarse, the guide tells and shows you all kinds of stuff -NEAT!!! The only animals that live in their own enclosure are the lions - we heard them eat. You could feel the noise under your feet.
    Then there are other things to do. OH I WANNA GO AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh btw- the san diego zoo is really neat too, but if i were going that way and could only do one, i'd pick the wild animal park.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2005
  10. 1_ares_1

1_ares_1 Registered Member

hmmm, Zoo vs. Wild Animal Park? NO CONTEST! Wild Animal Park!

But don't do Tijuana, too far, dirty, and depressing. If you want to see a little Mexican culture, you could go to Olviera Street in Los Angeles (remember to park somewhere secure, just saying?)

And I can't believe you've never heard of tide pools! aahhaahhaahhaha! can it be? They are where the rocky beaches are. Usually volcanic rock and its hard on the tootsies so try to bring along those little beach shoes. The tide pools ar little pools of water inside the rocks that have little tiny crabs, anenome, urchins, star fish.... cool little critters! And it's so pretty in Laguna Beach. Just keep a close eye on the little ones... they have no idea how strong those pretty waves can be.

When are you gonna be here? theres lots of concerts and stuff that will be going on soon. And I may even be able to hook you up with a teenaged babysitter. My niece is 14 and lives 10 min. from Disneyland with my mom and brother.