Who Knew A Book About A Norse God And A Convict Would Be So Good!?

Discussion in 'Books & Comics' started by Kibi, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Kibi

Kibi Babeasaurus Sex

WOW!

I'm reading American Gods by Neil Gaiman and I am SO flipping impressed!

Has anyone else read it?

What do you think of it?

XxxX

2. R1pperZ

R1pperZ Registered Member

lol Dali just finished American Gods like two days ago, I'm sure she'd love to tell you what she thinks. I'm thinking of picking it up once I finish the book I'm on.

3. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

It's been recommended to me several times but I have yet to read it.

4. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I haven't read it yet but I'll be needing a new book in about a week so maybe soon I will. It would be cool if you could do a mini spoiler-less review or something.

5. Kibi

Kibi Babeasaurus Sex

:D

I'll do my best

The story follows Shadow - who is in prison and gets released early because his wife dies in a car accident. On his way home he meets the mysterious and charismatic Mr Wednesday who seems to know an awful lot about Shadow and has a lot to say about life and other things. He offers Shadow a job and after some heavy persausion Shadow agrees

Shadow's morality and beliefs are put to the test as he travels through

The story entwines with those of several others past and present and introduces new ways of looking at theology. America with Mr Wednesday seeing and doing the impossible.

Thats kind of the best I could do without ripping off the blurb or saying to much :D

It's well worth it.

6. Dali

Dali Registered Member

This book is remarkable! It's one of the strangest books I have read but honestly it's so hard to actually describe it or write a review, I'm still thinking about it. I am in fascination of Wednesday, Hinzleman just disgusted me and Shadow I'm in awe and in love with! One word MAGGOTS lol, you know what I'm talking about if you have read the book!

7. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

I read it a good while ago. Neil Gaiman's a solid storyteller.

8. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Nice Im a huge fan of Norse Mythology and have read tons of Edith Hamilton's work on Mythology and loved the stories there. I cant say I've heard about this one... but I'll tell you what, I just made note of it on my blackberry and next time I'm by a bookstore I'll give it a look.

9. Kibi

Kibi Babeasaurus Sex

Good man :)

Do it :D It has literally withing ten minutes made me crack up laughing and then feel sadness....

I don't want to build it up to much because personally I hate it when somethings hyped up to the max....

XxxX

10. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Because of this thread, I picked the book up at Barnes and Noble the other day. I've only had about an hour to read...but I've managed to get about mid-way through the 2nd Chapter.

I thought it was pretty cool that I was able to recognize some of the History Facts surrounding things like the 20min. after an hour hush and the origin of the "Wednesday" name. :hah: And of course "with this weather you'd think my name would be "Thursday".