• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Who is your favourite author?

Marie

Registered Member
Mine would have to be Stephen King, I've got all of his books and i've read all of them at least twice :lol: absolutely love him ^_^.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Probably Hemingway or Heller, Catch-22 is my favourite book.

randomthoughts1

I'm currently obsessed with Dan Brown but, I seem to have a new favorite every week! lol What is your favorite Stephen King book? I've only ever read the Green Mile. Also, as a side bar...I just read about Stephen King's son and the fact that he too is a writer with a new novel out. Have any of you read his work yet?

Calypso

There are a LOT of writers whose works I admire, but I have to say my favorite writer is Andrew Vachss, who writes hard crime/mystery novels, many of which deal with child abuse. He takes the title as my favorite because he puts his money where his mouth is--his entire legal practice involves representing children. His books help to fund his practice so I always make sure to buy his books first release in hardback. If any author deserves the money, he does.

Chichachu

Jonathon Stroud. He wrote my absolute favorite trilogy, Bartimieus Trilogy.

sbarber77

Registered Member
I would have to say that one of my most favorite authors is Sidney Sheldon.

The reason for this is that I just discovered that I have read all of his novels (except for maybe one I am not sure about) and I didn't ever get bored of his writing. I did not find that his books became predictable or that they became the same story with different characters.

I only recently learned that he passed away this past January and that there will be no more books for me to enjoy.:shake:

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
I would have to say Douglas Adams :nod:

I have all his books. I loved the Hitchhikers Guide so much that I have it as a Tatoo on my leg.

The little green guy on the cover and the words Don't Panic underneath him.
one day I want to add the number 42, the dolphins ,a menue from the restarunt and oh yeah a floating towell.

Need to get the cash first..:lol: