• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Who is your favorite NBA player

Jayy

My favorite would have to be Shawn Marion or Steve Nash.. I really have no clue why they just seem like great people.

dDave

V.I.P.
I assume we are talking about current players? It doesn't matter for me though.

Basketball (specifically NBA) is the main sport that I watch.

Kobe Bryant is definitely my favorite player in the NBA, he has been my favorite player since his rookie year. I'm not much of a bandwagoner.

He's an all around incredible athlete and can still do things that most players could never hope to accomplish. I didn't get to see a lot of Michael Jordan but certainly these two are some of the very few that are on that so called "elite" level of play.

Jayy

I do agree with you there. Kobe will always be a laker, I wouldn't be suprised if he started to coach them after he retires. I believe today when he wasn't playing he was motivating his team on the bench. Anyway I just love how Steve has so much passion for the game and yet has still has not gotten a ring after all these years. It's actually getting pretty sad. Plus he has some pretty sick assists.

BigBob

Registered Member
It's hard for me to pick right now, but I want to bring up Steve Nash since you mentioned him.

What's not to like about the guy? He's given the Suns and Mavericks 120% every time he stepped on the floor, he never gives up on his team, even whenever they are terrible. Add on top of that, you never see him flopping around like some players do today.

If he's not a first ballot Hall-of-Famer, there's something wrong.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I hope Nash doesn't go to Miami during free agency. I'd love to see him win a ring, but not with the Heat. I'd even be willing to see him try to win in San Antonio just like Michael Finley did, even though that'll be unlikely.

I think my favorite player I've seen play is Dirk, even though it's about as cliche as it gets. He's just got a sick jumpshot that somehow finds its way into the basket. I also love how he's been with the Mavs his whole career and stuck it out when it seemed hopeless.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think Nash can be a starter till he retires, he's in such good shape. So, I doubt he would go to San Antonio and play behind Tony Parker. I wouldn't be surprised if he does end up in Miami. Personally, I would love to see him in a Raptors uniform.

As for my favorite player, I have to go with Vince Carter. Yes, he's a former shadow of himself, but I still love him. I've been following him since his Tarheels days, and when he got traded for Jamison on Draft Day I was estatic. A lot of Raptors fans are pissed off at him because the way he left town, but if it wasn't for him, Toronto would have probably been contracted like the Grizzlies. To me, he's the best dunker of all-time. Man, he's had some highlight reel dunks in his career.