Who is the best wrestler never to win a World championship?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
There's so many great wrestlers that never won the big prize, which is the World Title. In your opinion which one of those wrestlers were the best?

Also please just keep it to the WCW Heavyweight title and the WWF/E Heavyweight title.

To me it's Mr. Perfect. I know he was a heel most of his career which is one of the biggest reasons why he never won it(back in the 80's and early 90's it was really rare for a heel to hold the World Title) but I thought he had all the tools to be a World Champion. First he had the gimmick, which is very important, he was an incredible talent both in the ring and the microphone, he had tons of charisma. He would of made a great heel champion in my opinion, and it would of probably make him even into a better "wrestler" in my mind.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Kane.

I know he one it once, but he had it for less than 24 hours so it doesn't count. It really pisses me off especially because of all that he's done for the WWE that he hasn't had a real shot at a good title reign.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
I have to go with Owen here, BR. His wrestling peers knew him as one of the topmost talents of his day. There should be no doubt in anyone's mind that he would have taken the heavyweight title within just a year or two of Over The Edge '99.

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was debating between Owen and Mr. Perfect but in the end I went with Curt just because I just thought he had the better overall package. Owen was definitely the better wrestler of the two, microphone are pretty even, charisma and gimmick goes to Curt.

I don't know if this is just me, but it seems like the WWF didn't know what to do with Owen Hart at times. At times he would get the huge push, but then you see him as the Blue Blazer. It was a huge disappointment at times.

Do you think that after 97 Owen had a disadvantage because of the whole screwjob? Owen didn't want to leave the WWE because he had a wife and kids, and bills to pay, so Vince used him as his puppet out of bitterness? Am I over the top when I say this?

Unity

#WOKEN
Staff member
More than Owen or (barely) Mr. Perfect, I'd say The Million Dollar Man.

Hennig deserved it at a lot of points in his career, but feud wise he never reached the level that DiBiase did...I'm forever surprised that he wasn't the WWE Champion.

wooly

I am the woolrus
Definitely the first person that comes to mind for me is Scott Hall/Razor Ramon.

Scott was awesome as Razor Ramon and was so over with the crowd, excellent as both a heel and face. He was a great intercontinental champion and him beating HBK for the title at WM for me is a sign that big things were in line for him if he stayed in the WWF.

He was also always my favourite member of the nWo in WCW, and i think he was the most talented. He was better in the ring than Hogan and he was better on the mic and in the ring than Nash, i think anyways.

Personally i think if Hall remained with WWF his career would most likely have kept rising and he definitely would have been a world champion. Shawn Michaels had his demons back in the day and the WWF kept him in check. WCW didn't keep Hall in check at all, and in the end his drinking and lawlessness kept him from winning a World Title, and impacted hugely on his life aswell.

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Hall is a good selection wooly, I agree if he stayed with the WWE he would of been an eventual champion. But Hall was greedy and decided to go where the money and guaranteed contracts were. Hall was a tremendous talent and was one of the best microphone guys in the business.

With all these guys never winning the belt it makes you wonder what are the reasons behind them never winning it.