Who is the best with computers?

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
Games not running

Well i built another computer but there is a slight problem with it, for some reason any game that requires a disc to play doesn't run it will almost load up the game then just stop, and it's not the CD drive cause I have 2 and neither of them make a difference, the computer almost jams up entirely every time I try to load up the games.

any suggestions?

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
Get a Mac? *ba-dum-ching*
haha, no, The games work on all of my other computers except for this one which is very odd because this particular computer meets the requirements to play some of these games much better than most, I can get Half Life 2 running on full resolution with all of the video quality settings up all the way running at 40fps but I can't get warcraft 3 or dungeon siege to work, it's funny how that is.

I'm definitely not buying a mac. I'm a PC guy all the way.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
It's a video card issue. Try to find new drivers for it.

Are you using the dual monitor one?
Yeah it's the one with the dual monitors, but i also tried it without the dual monitors and completely turned off the second monitor, disconnected it and everything (even turned it off in settings).

It's weird because the games ran fine for a while but suddenly just stopped working.

I'll try getting new drivers.

Nvidia GeForce 6200.

I can get a good 40fps in counterstrike source with that thing so I know that the video card isn't bad but it may need new drivers.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Also, a bit un-related, but you should get this program called Ultramon. best tool ever for dualies. Good luck with the drivers.