• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Nintendo Who is the best Nintendo Character?

dDave

V.I.P.
Anyway, the Mario games have always been my favorite. I guess for argument's sake I'd have to pick Mario though since Luigi really isn't playable in anything but Mario 2. (I don't count the 2nd player in Mario 1 as Luigi).
But he is still called Luigi, (the game actually calls him Luigi)

I really don't think that Mario could have been successful without Luigi, back when he was in the DK arcade he really wasn't much, just a plumber running up some sort of metal structure chasing a monkey and a princess. Mario would be worthless without Luigi and I think that Super Mario Bros really opened up this concept officially, (though the Mario Bros Arcade game did come out first and Luigi was in that.) I just can't stand the fact of Mario and no Luigi.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
It's gotta be yoshi for me, he's one of the few mario side kicks who can carry a game spin off as the lead character. Yoshi's island was one of the best snes games... scratch that probably one of the best 2d platformers.

dDave

V.I.P.
Yes Yoshis Island was very good but the music got really repetitive after a while so after one round though the game you never want to play it again. it has an interesting concept with how you die.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
I just love launching massive eggs at a giant baby bowser... that was another thing about that game it had really fun boss fights.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
You say Nintendo, the first thing you think is Mario, then the other characters come to mind... Link/ DK/ Samus/ maybe some other favorites like Icarus

Greywolf

Registered Member
Link is my man, he is, for me, definitely the best. True Mario is like the most loved character in all of Nintendo, but my heart will stay with Link. He rocks.

Van

Heavy Weapons Guy
V.I.P.
I have to go with mario...this thread is old by the way...