• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Who is memorialized in a statue in your town or city?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Just a fun thread.

Who is memorialized in a statue in your town or city?

Sabby

Terry Fox, Veteran's of WW1, WW2, Korea etc. Well I guess I can't really name em all, living in Ottawa we have statues everywhere :p

Sabby

BUcket list for me is to definitely see that statue in person...I also wanna run up those stairs in a grey sweatsuit.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Terry Fox. There's a a bronze statue of him at the Simon Fraser University campus; not surprising since he was an alumni at SFU. There's also a statue of Lord Stanley at Stanley Park. And then there's the Laughing Statues in Downtown Vancouver. Oh and we also have a statue of David Beckham in his tightie whities, also located in Downtown Vancouver. And we have a veteran's statue outside of the Surrey Museum with the names of all the veterans of Vimy Ridge in Surrey. And lastly, there's a statue of Oscar Wilde somewhere in Downtown Langley.

I know we have more. But that's all that comes to mind for now.

Iris

rainbow 11!
there is a statue of andrew jackson. i can't remember where. i wanna say it's downtown somewhere. but my city is named after him.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
The two most famous statues in St. Louis are of St. Louis himself, and of Stan Musial at Busch Stadium. Love 'em both.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
See, that's one thing that sucks about my city. We don't have any statues for sports figures. We had some terrific hockey players that was born in the area, but none of them have a statue like you viper. I would love to see a Stan Musial, Ty Cobb, Babe Ruth, ect.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
In Ann Arbor, no one. In Detroit, the Joe Louis fist comes to mind.

I'm sure there are busts of people here and there in various campus buildings, but there are no statues as such anywhere in town.

TORHABSFAN

my town sucks, we have a statue of Ted Freaking Rogers outside the SkyDome. for what? owning the team for a few years and doing nothing. not making the playoffs not even once. only reason why he baught the team was to give sportsnet and the fan regular content. It was just buisness... now Im supposed to view him as some kind of hero? screw that.

Now My home town away from my home town they do it right. out side the Bell Centre thay have the centenial plaza that honors the first 100 years of the Montreal Canadiens. plaques of the 100 greatest momments in habs history are surrounded by brinks engraved with messages from fans. they have number statues to honnor all the retired numbers of Habs legands and a logo statute which sits above a brink listing evey player to play for the Habs in the first 100 years. The best part are the statues of Guy, Jean, Howie and the Rocket. I am so happy to say my brink sat right at the foot of the Rocket's statue. It was a honnor to have my brick right by my hero.

Sadly they are building a condo on the site and the plaza will be rebuit on the other side of the Bell Centre in a few years. They say all brick will be kept safe and reinstalled in the new site. I hope my brick ends up back with the Rocket!