Who is looking at what?

Discussion in 'Ideas & Support' started by Steerpike, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Steerpike

Steerpike Registered Member

This feature is available on some other forum that when one is looking at a thread/forum, the screen shows what users are also looking at that thread/forum. Is such a set-up possible/desirable here?

2. Plantation_Boy

Plantation_Boy Registered Member

sounds interesting i guess...
    :/

3. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

We actually have this feature but it's only available to mods.

4. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Yeah, the Who's Online? is only available to mods.

But there is also another thing where it lists all the users who are looking at the thread you're on.

5. Steerpike

This other forum every user has that. Why limit this to mods?

6. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

To be honest with you I'm not sure. It was available to everyone at FC too. Hybrix is probably the only one who knows why it is like it is, since he set it up.

7. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

He said something about taking up too much server space. I can't really remember, but it would've been taxing.

8. Steerpike

We see what users are online now on the main forums screen. Why should placing the feature within individual forums/threads be any different as it would be a subset of the whole?

9. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

Yeah I have this feature on my invisionfree forum but to be honest I'm not sure if we really need this feature. It doesn't really bother me what everyone else is looking at, I suppose only mods need it.

10. Steerpike

It is not a matter of "bother" but curiousity. If one is reading a thread and one can see which others are reading that thread, then one can expect there might be potential interest in the thread and who might be potentially interested.