"Who is it/Why?"

Discussion in 'Dating & Relationships' started by EllyDicious, Oct 1, 2009.

1. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

When you're with your partner (anywhere) and he/she gets a text message or a call in the mobile, what's your reaction?

a -"Who is it?"
    b -You don't ask and wait for him/her to tell you and explain ?
    c -You don't ask nor do you wait for any explanation from him/her ?
    d -It depends on the situation?

If you ask, you do it out of jealousy or curiosity?
    my friend's boyfriend is nerve racking sometimes (it seems to me).
    whenever she gets a call/sms he's always like "who was it?...why? ...what did he/she say.."

i don't know if that's normal.

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I'll ask who it was, but I'm not going to dump if her if she doesn't tell me. Then again, I don't ask all the time and if she refuses to tell me even once in awhile, that more than often means she's hiding things from me.

3. Mihael_langley

Mihael_langley Formerly "Maikeru"

Well it depends on the level of trust. With friends if they recieve a message and are having a conversation about someone related to it I sometimes ask : "was it her?" That's about it.

With a girlfriend i don't think i've ever reached the level of commitment where i would feel confortable enough myself to ask that sort of questions.

4. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I don't have a partner, but I know I would never do this. I don't do it with anyone else and it wouldn't be any different for them.

It's probably because everytime I come off a call or recieve a text when I'm around my mum, she aaalways asks me 'who is it?' 'what did they want?' it's kind of frustrating so in return I never ask people those questions. I know that a mother-daughter situation is different to a partner situation but I still wouldn't. I hate it!

5. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

you reminded me of 2 hours ago when i was at my grandma's home and a text message came to my phone and she was like "who was it?" .
    i had never had her questioning me for that simply because i didn't happen to be there when getting sms but i knew she was gonna ask as she pokes her nose everywhere (and so does my mom). :bomb:

but i agree when you say that these are different situations.

6. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

Everyone needs their privacy. I get irritated when people ask me. Such as...I was at my sister's house and Kayleigh texted me. My brother in law then quizzed me on who it was and insisted that I tell him about her. After I mentioned that she was a lesbian, he then proceeded to ask me if she was my lover. Now, every single time I'm out with some girlfriends and my sister calls me...I can hear my BIL in the background mouthing off about a lesbian orgy or date.

I digress. No, I try not to ask about it. I have occasionally if the curiosity got the better of me...or if I was bored with the conversation and was looking for something else to talk about. lol

7. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Eh I'm hit and miss with this one. If its my sister or brother I'll never ask unless they laugh or something after reading something. I dont care otherwise.

And if I'm asking a significant other its not because I'm prying but because I'm a curious son of a bitch...if she chooses to not tell me that's fine.

8. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I think it's natural reaction to know who it was. I think i'll ask, but not in a demanding way. It's not because I want to be controlling that I ask, it's just out of curiosity or as a possible conversation starter. Most of the time anyways, she'll just be like "oh, I have to get this, it's ____' or "it was just ____ " I hardly ever need to ask in the first place.

9. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

lmfao! I never knew this.

I will ask if she were to laugh, solely so I could see what was funny and laugh with her. Or if the conversation died and I needed to bring it back to life.

10. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I wait for him to tell me and if he doesn't then I ask. I do get jealous but he's allowed to have friends so I would just be curious. If he refused to tell me then I'd get jealous and start asking questions.