• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Who is and was the smartest person?

Raos

Registered Member
My mind was wondering on the way into work and I started to think of all the smart people who lived. Every generation has a handful of people who are light years smarter than the rest.

With that in mind, here are my two questions.

In you opinion...
1. Who is the smartest person alive today.
2. Who is the smartest person who ever lived

Reason why you feel this way would be helpful, but if you just want to list names without reasons that is cool too.

I do not have an answer myself yet. For the person still alive my first thought is Steven Hawking. I would need to think more before I settled on that choice though. Currently I have no idea about #2.

fractal

Eye see what you did ther
The smartest person who has ever lived is Leonardo Da Vinci. He's done an insane amount of work in almost every field I can think of. Heralded as a universal genius.

As for the smartest man alive today, it's not possible for someone to ascertain that because every field has its own smart people. There's no single man who's good at everything right now.
------
The smartest person who has ever lived is Leonardo Da Vinci. He's done an insane amount of work in almost every field I can think of. Heralded as a universal genius.

As for the smartest man alive today, it's not possible for someone to ascertain that because every field has its own smart people. There's no single man who's good at everything right now.

Last edited: