• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Who Inspires You?

Laine

Registered Member
Who do you look up to or who inspires you? Past or present. What about them do you admire or why do they inspire you?

For me, it is simple. Lindsey Stirling is such an inspiration to me and I truly admire her work, her ethics and she has made me respect and believe in myself. I constantly watch her video's weather her music video's or video's like this that I have become to cherish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAKbvTa0V34

Last edited:

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think she is right women are more than their sexuality and you have to love yourself first. I think she gives some good advice.

I can't think of one person but many I have looked up too. My grandmother was a big influence in my life and I don't know what I would of done without her. I also look up to women that have achieved success in the business world, become CEO's, heads of their department, without using their sexuality to get there. I look up to women that have things stacked against them, trying to get an education and take care of children at the same time yet the achieve their dreams.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
My grandfather is one of my biggest inspirations. Coming to the US at 20 years old with no money, not speaking the language, at a time when you would see "No Mexicans allowed" signs in hotel and restaurant windows, and working all the time to put food on the table is a big inspiration to me. But for his decision to come here and all the sacrifices he made I was able to go to law school and my office is just blocks away from where he opened his own paint and body shop after years of saving.

Another would be Jesus Christ. As Peter says in 1 Peter Chapter 2 verses 22-24 "He committed no sin, and no deceit was found in his mouth. When he was insulted, he returned no insult; when he suffered, he did not threaten; instead he handed himself over to the one who judges justly. He himself bore our sins in his body upon the cross, so that, free from sin, we might live for righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed." I couldn't put it better.

George Washington. To be given the opportunity to be king and to deny it, to give it up. Very few men have ever won a war and NOT assumed power.

I mentioned this in the "What Katrina thinks", Katrina. I found her love for life and how she was despite all she had been through very inspiring. In many ways, she was my hero. She was't angry, she wasn't bitter, and she had every reason to be.

wolfheart

Registered Member
My father has always been an inspiration for me, he has always been someone I looked upto.
He is 77 now,but was born with a hair lip and cleft pallet,he went through 37 operations to fix his pallet and lip,he missed out on a lot of education due to being in and out of hospital.

At 40 years old he could only sign his name,it never bothered him that he could not read or write,until my eldest brother asked him to read him a bed time story and he couldn't, he signed up to night to classes the next day to learn these basic skills.

Danno

Registered Member
I gotta be honest I've always though that I am my own inspiration.

I've never been the kinda guy to look up to another person due to the fact that I am my own person. I feel like if I did that I would be admitting that somebody else is better than me and I have been beaten at life by somebody else.

I understand this sounds arrogant as hell but I don't mean to come across that way. I am by no means perfect I am just saying I prefer to learn by my own mistakes in life and try to make myself a better person that learn from a different persons strenghts and weaknesses in life and try to mirror that.

Elanor

Registered Member
My Mum is a big inspiration. She was able to raise me and my brother, get through having to live with my dad, many financial issues and then being a single parent. She never gave up and she still supports me, and is truly amazing. She is the strongest person I know, and I hope that I can be just as strong.

Secondly, a woman who I have known for over 9 years. She has influenced my career massively, and is an incredible person. No matter how crap things are she somehow keeps going. There are few people in this world that I would do anything for, no questions asked, and she is one of them. She works so hard, and is living proof it pays off. She has shown me I can do anything I set my mind to.

ATARIGUY

Beermister
I would say my mom because she raised me to be a gentleman and she taught me how to treat a woman and in her honor and memory I will continue to be the son she raised so well.

dDave

V.I.P.
I don't see how any Christian could not list Jesus or other heroes of the faith. I'll refrain from doing so in hopes that it's obvious I would pick at least several people.

I'm inspired by several of my favorite writers, I love how diverse all of their life stories are and how they all found success in different ways. I also love all of their different writing styles and the meaningful stories they create.

Many of my favorite musicians (who happen to be Christians) inspire me as well. They inspire me in terms of music and in terms of my faith.

MainerMikeBrown

Registered Member
My parents inspire me because they were good parents when I was growing up. They always took an interest in my life, and were always there for me.

They also live their lives to the fullest. They've travelled a lot over the years, and have a lot of hobbies that they enjoy (my dad likes to rebuild old race cars as a hobby, for example).

They're also responsible with their money, which is part of why I'm thrifty as well.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Wade8813 Offbeat News 2
Pugz Reading 6