• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Who in the world am I?

Tucker

Lion Rampant
My brother Roy got his DNA analyzed for $350 and found out what our ancestry was: "Austrian, Czech, Norwegian, Dutch, Danish, Swiss, Highlands Scottish, Swedish, Spanish/Portuguese and Belgian with American Indian and Sub-Saharan African admixture. There is also probably Jewish, Arab and other Middle Eastern, Hungarian/Romanian, Russian, Polish, French, and Melungeon."

All I can say to that is, HOLY CRAP, DID MY PEOPLE GET AROUND!

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Was he able to tell percentages or dominance on each lineage, or just that they were present?

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Was he able to tell percentages or dominance on each lineage, or just that they were present?
Sort of, I think? It's all kind of confusing to me. They gave him a certificate with European and World Top Ten lists on it:

Full details are even weirder:

The following populations—though not in strict order of importance—proved to be the leading matches for you on the broadest basis:

World Population Matches

Rwandan - Hutu (n = 52)
Native American - Lumbee (n = 106)
Romanian - Transylvanian - Csango (n = 220)
Saudi Arabian (n = 73)
Polish (n = 136)
White - U.S. (n = 302)
Iranian (n = 93)
Polish (n = 870)
White - Florida (n = 117)
French
Tibet - Luoba (n = 93)
Brazilian - Santa Catarina (n = 160)
Swedish
White - U.S. (n = 102)
White - U.S. (n = 172)
Black - Bahamian (n = 81)
Russian (n = 402)
Belgian - Flemish (n = 231)
White - Florida (n = 123)
Romanian - Transylvanian - Szekler (n = 257)
India - Tanjore Kallar (n = 101)
Melungeon (n = 40)
Native American - Michigan (n = 29)
Korean (n = 231)
Bosnian (n = 210)
White - Michigan (n = 80)
White - Kentucky (n = 349)
Angolan - Cabinda (n = 110)
Iraqi (n = 103)
Malaysian - Indian (n = 209)
White - U.S (n = 200)
Yemenite - Sanana (n = 100)
Saharawis (n = 59)
White - U.S. (n = 3,915)
Belgian - Flanders [Dutch-speaking] (n =222)
Majorcan Jews - Chueta (n = 102)
Chinese Hui - Ningxia (n = 100)
Spanish - Valencian (n = 101)
Venezuelan - Maracaibo (n = 203)
Black - Canadian (n = 179)
Moroccan Berbers (n = 64)
Native American - Florida (n = 105)
Brazilian - Mato Grosso do Sul (n = 158)
Polish - Southeastern (n = 714)
Iberian Peninsula - Basque country (n = 248)
Portuguese - Northern (n = 250)
Bavarian (n = 155)
Spanish - Balearic Islands (n = 113)
Portuguese - Azores (n = 100)
Polish - Podlasie (n = 842)

The time frame is historical, not pre‐historical.

According to recent research in population genetics, genes mirror the geography of Europe. Modern‐day European subpopulations correspond roughly to national and linguistic boundaries (Lao et al. 2008). An additional search was made for high Random Match Probabilities in the ENFSI database. This specifically covers European populations, mostly countries in the European Union. While again not necessarily in strict order of importance, your leading matches were:

I
Austria
II
Czech Republic
III
Norway
IV
Netherlands
V
Denmark
VI
Switzerland
VII
Scotland/Dundee
VIII
Sweden
IX
Spain
X
Belgium
XI
England/Wales
XII
Slovenia
XIII
Croatia
XIV
Full Database
XV
Scotland/Glasgow
XVI
Finland
XVII
Italy
XVIII
France/Lille
XIX
Germany
XX
Poland

Analysis and Conclusion

Our worldwide and European approaches are combined in the following analysis. Profile frequencies suggest your principal ancestral lines—not necessarily in strict order of importance—are:

Austrian, Czech, Norwegian, Dutch, Danish, Swiss, Highlands Scottish, Swedish, Spanish/Portuguese and Belgian (markers, I‐X, 12, 13) with American Indian (2, 23, map) and Sub‐Saharan African (1, 16, map) admixture. There is also probably Jewish (36, markers), Arab and other Middle Eastern (4, 7), Hungarian/Romanian (3, 20), Russian (17), Polish (5, 8), French (10), Belgian (18) and Melungeon (22).

Dabs

Registered Member
Ah hayl, you got a lotta shit in you :)

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
Sounds like he got ripped off, lol

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Sounds like he got ripped off, lol
Oh man, I would love to seize on that theory. Unfortunately, every bloodline that I knew about through family history - Scottish, Swedish, English, American Indian, and a dab of French - is on the list. The conclusion seems inescapable: my ancestors were pass-arounds.

Wade8813

Registered Member
Just gonna throw this out there - the amount of nationalities in your lineage has NOTHING to do with how much sex they had; just who they had it with.

Your mom could have slept with 50 people or 1 person, you'd still only have one biological mother and one biological father.

In fact, everyone should have (more or less) the same number of ancestors directly in their parental line, with the only difference being how old people were when they had their kid. It all goes back to Eve/mitochondrial Eve/whatever you want to call the first human female.

Last edited: