Game Cube Who here has preordered Twilight Princess?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by fuzzykitten3769, Nov 1, 2005.

1. fuzzykitten3769

fuzzykitten3769 Registered Member

The conceptual premise for the next installment in the Legend of Zelda series was first introduced at E3 2004 which featured Miyamoto dressed up as an adult link. Since that day a year and half ago some of us have been anxiously waiting for the release. At E3 this past year good old Ninty said that we would have Twilight Princess in November, but over the Summer as usual it got extended to April 2006 unfourtanly thats during the time of the generation switch. Neverless I've preordered Twilight Princess and am dying to get my hands on what I hope will be a unique Zelda experience.

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I considered preordering it. It's too far off for me to get mine reserved though. I will most likely get on the list towards the end of February 2006 or so. I am definitely looking forward to it though. I just hope it's not TOO realistic. I always pictured Zelda more like how it was in the Wind Waker, cell shading and all. I really liked that feel and hope that the new one feels good as well, while also taking advantage of the realistic feel it is attempting.

3. fuzzykitten3769

I from what I've seen of the screen shots they have shyed away from using the cell shading and it has more of a resident evil color scheme.

4. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

actually, if you watch the videos from this past E3, there is still cel-shading in Twilight Princess. Used when link has that thing on his back in wolf form, and the enemies looked cel-shaded to me... just not as cutezy lookin as Wind Waker.

I have yet to pre-order it. but you know I will have it to play on day one!

5. starfx6464

starfx6464 Awesome

Definitely looking forward to this one. Majora's Mask has always been my favorite so I'm really keen to see where this one takes us. Seems to be moving in the right direction and I am very curious to see how the wolf/rider dynamic works out. I loved Wind Waker and this looks to please in a very different way. Even if it's on the heels of the heels of the generation shift, I'm still getting this one. I do have it preordered. Not entirely how necessary that is at this point, but I've got $5 towards it.

6. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

Haven't played Zelda games since the Super NES. What is this one and can you fill me in a bit about what I've missed? Thanks!

7. fuzzykitten3769

This one features a grown up link who has to go to this summit on the way back he finds out that land is once again in peril. This one also apparently features Link fighting on horse back.

8. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I was really excited about this game until I learned about the wolf thing. I'm sure it'll be better than Wind Waker, and I'll definitely buy it, but something tells me it's still a kiddy game dressed up in nice graphics. I don't think there will ever be another Zelda game as good as Ocarina of Time was, or the games before that. Majora's Mask came close, but since then the series has been pretty disappointing.

9. fuzzykitten3769

I'm really interested in finding that one out. but to say the others were kiddy games is just wrong....well maybe windwaker but thats besides the point the long story lines and some of the difficulty definally wouldn't have me list this as a kiddy game.

10. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

Personally, I thing Majora's Mask was better than Ocarina of Time!

Not only was it darker, it brought back the time travel aspect of Link to the Past!

OoT ranks 3rd on my list of all time best Zelda games.