Who has been on a cruise?

Discussion in 'Travel, Points & Rewards' started by ysabel, Jul 22, 2010.

1. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

How long was it? Where to? With which ship?

Did you not get seasick or what they call post-cruise vertigo?

Questions, questions, haha. I'm interested as I've not been on a cruise longer than lunchtime.

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I went on one several years ago. They are pretty awesome. I don't remember the details but it was down in the Caribbean for 5 days. I noticed the boat moving a few times but for the most part I never noticed it. The times I did notice it It was pretty awesome though because it was a weird feeling to be in what felt like a building and have the ground tipping haha.

I would definitely recommend it and I would love to do one again sometime. They are fairly cheap if you shop around and go with the entry level rooms.

No post-cruise vertigo either, but then again I have never experienced motion sickness in my life unless I was on one of those spinny things at a playground for too long. :lol:

3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I've never been on a cruise and I've never really had much interest in them. The more I think about it though the more I think I'd enjoy it. I'd love to go on an Alaskan cruise.

4. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

The cruise I went on with my family was about 4 days long, we went to the carabbean islands and island hopped while doing some activities on the side. I think it was like Royal Carabbbean cruise or something, can't remember.

I don't get sea sick so i enjoyed the vacation thoroughly :3

~Shwa

5. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

You're not normal people, you don't get motion sickness? I hate y'all! :lol:

I'm wondering whether a cruise wouldn't be that bad compared to the movement of a small boat (which I assume is more noticeable). I've been invited on a cruise next month to the Mexican Riviera. There were excursions at each stop (port). They seem pricey but offers outdoor activities than just staying inside the boat - although they do have interesting amenities there. All you can eat pizza and burgers at any time of the day? :lol:

I'm going to be so fat, I won't need a lifesaver to float.

6. faith1806

faith1806 Registered Member

i have never been on a cruise. when i took the bus and train for the first time, i have got seasick. therefore, in my view, if i have on the cruise for the first time, i will get seasick.

7. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Update:

I went on a cruise for a week last month. Despite my vertigo history, I didn't get seasick :hoorah:. True that the first few hours, everything seems to be rocking, but nothing a bonamine can't take care of. I took the pill twice the first day and the others just before I sleep because the rocking feels weird when lying down. The other days, I got used to the motion already. After the cruise there is just a weird sensation of still rocking even when in land already but it goes away.

Btw, I recommend going on a cruise! It was fantastic, especially if you love to eat, eat, eat, and drink.

8. Dabs

Dabs Registered Member

I have never went on a cruise, doubtful I ever will.
    Being scared of all that water!....plus I get sea-sick, I see no point in attempting to go, and then not enjoying myself because I'd prolly end up in my bed the whole time wishing to get back home.