Who Had More Pre-Draft Pressure?

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Fresh, Jun 30, 2007.

?

Who Had More Pre-Draft Pressure?

1. LeBron James

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Greg Oden

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

Who do you think was hyped up more and had bigger expectations, LeBron James or Greg Oden?

2. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

There's no doubt that LeBron James had more Pre-Draft pressure then Greg Oden. LeBron James high school games were broadcast on ESPN daily, and at that time that was unheard of. He was talked about being "The Chosen One" long before he played is first professional game. Greg Oden did have a lot of pressure on him because he was considered to many legends, but a non-basketball fan wouldn't know who he is when he was playing in Ohio State unlike LeBron James when he was playing in Akron. I didn't start hearing about Greg Oden a few months before he started for the Buckeyes. I learned about LeBron James 3 years before he started to play in the NBA, and that's from a canadian show.

3. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

James was said to be the next Jordan or the next BEST player ever. Oden had a lot of hype but he never did have that much hype.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I have to go with LeBron on this one, he's been scouted since he was in the sixth grade. I believe that he had more hype then anybody that ever entered the league, they were saying he's the next Jordan the next Magic Johnson, he had the nickname The Chosen One in high school, he was on the cover of SI in high school. He had so much hype it's not even funny. Oden has had a lot of hype as well, but not like James.

5. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

Yeah it was cool that around here we saw more of LeBrons High school games then we did college games that year.

6. TDG1987

TDG1987 Registered Member

I did hear some rumblings about Oden well before he graduated H.S. but not nearly as much as LeBron. I think the buzz for LeBron went back to even the 8th or 9th grade.