Movies Who else likes the sequels to superhero movies better?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by green8659, Jun 9, 2008.

1. green8659

green8659 Registered Member

Pretty simple question.

Who likes the sequels to superhero movies better than the firsts?

With the exception of X-Men I always like the second better because you don't have to watch them "discovering their powers." I've seen all the cartoons and comics when I was a kid I know how it happened I wanna see some action. Spiderman is a good example. I liked watching him figure everything out but I liked the others better when he was kicking some more ass. Maybe if ticket prices were less I would be okay with it :).

2. bball4life

bball4life Alfred :: Gotham Hero

yes, sequals are usually better. for instance, spiderman

3. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

I have found most superheroe sequels to be mediocre at best.

I have high expectations for Batman though.

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Batman sequel should be awesome. First was amazing though.

Spiderman 1 was better than Spiderman 2 and 3 but all were good.

X-Men 2 is the only one I bought. The others just didn't do it for me. I'd watch 3 again though. I hated the 1st one.

"Hulk" was horrible. The next one isn't really a sequel though. It's a totally new version of the Hulk movies and it's not meant to be watched after the one that came out a few years back. That one is meant to be forgotten.

Fantastic Four in general wasn't very good. I never saw the sequel.

I haven't seen Iron Man yet so the jury is still out on that one.

I saw the original Hellboy but I forgot mostly everything about it.

Never saw Van Helsing.

Never saw Ghost Rider either.

What am I forgetting?

5. bball4life

i dissagree with you there

green8659 likes this.
  6. green8659

green8659 Registered Member

Your last 3 don't believe have sequels but if you want to add some other obscure ones I can think of:

V for Vendetta (great movie)
    Aeon Flux (sucked big hairy ...things)
    Punisher
    Daredevil
    Elektra
    Catwoman (Holi Barry is hot but not hot enough to make that watchable)

I'm sure there is still more but I can't come up with them at the moment.

7. bball4life

ghostrider doesnt, idk about van helsing, and the sequal to hellboy is comming soon.

8. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Yeah I know they don't. Just saying they didn't appeal to me enough to even watch the first movies. (Some might get sequels, who knows).

I have V for Vendetta. No sequel there either. Neither did any of those that you listed but I never saw those either.

9. Matriqulated

Matriqulated Future is Fused 3036A.D.

I thought Spiderman 2 was written better than the 1st. I'm expecting both Hulk and Batman to be better. I didn't like either of the Fantastic 4 movies. I also like the original X-men better.

But you mentioned ticket prices and that's what it all comes down to, money. Movie executives just want to be able to sell it to more people who haven't read the comics than the die hards because they know the fans will see it no matter what.
    ------

I can't believe they pooched Aeon the way it flopped in general. I'll say nothing will beat when there wasn't any dialogue, so that was the first clue. Still no excuse for that film being so bad, and Charlize Theron is 600 degrees hot in the winter time.

Isn't Punisher supposed to be getting a sequel?

Daredevil - Boo

Elektra - Booooo

Catwomen- I disagree with you on Halle Berry. I watched the movie all the way through once, and paid to see swordfish on the big screen :nod:

Last edited: Jun 9, 2008
  10. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Usually I don't think that sequels to superhero movies are as good as the first (I can use spiderman to back that up) but I deifnitely expect Batman to be just as good as the first one, the previews for that movie look insane, it's going to be a great movie.