• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Who do you trust the least?

Thou shalt not trust:

• Mechanics / Foreign people (Aye!)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scientists

• Doctors; Pharmaceutical industry

• Lawyers

• Total voters

Bjarki

Registered Member
A while ago some Yehova's witnesses came a-knocking at my door. They inquired whether I believed in the Lord, Jesus Christ and being the simple agnostic soul that I am I scratched my head and said 'nunno!'.

It may possibly be the worst answer one could give in such a situation.. thus, some 10 minutes later I held two magazines in my hand with the ominous titles: 'Awaken!' and 'Watchtower'.

On the cover of this one magazine people are portrayed as representatives of a particular group. The text below it reads 'who can you still trust in today's society?'.

There's a teacher, an engineer, a newsreader (media), a mechanic (who for some reason looks foreign and is called 'Manuel'), a scientist, a pop idol (from the TV shows), a preacher, a doctor and what appears to be P-Diddy.

So here's the poll, who do you trust the least?

Dabs

Registered Member
For me, it's a tie between religious fanatics and political people.
I don't vote, so I don't wanna stand around and listen to some garbage about why I should vote for so&so.
And I hate religion, hate going to church...so I'm not about to listen to some preacher or religious nut, stand and try and drill into my head why their church is the right church....shit, there is no church that is right~

Konshentz

Konshentz
I voted for politicians/government officials... a bunch of shady people.

Preachers would probably be my second choice.

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
I do not trust any! so I voted pop idols?

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
I vote for jehova's witnesses as who I trust the least. I'll also throw in the rest of the folks that say that they have god all figured out and only they know all the right answers. So I chose preacher, just for laughs.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
newsreaders - well maybe not newsreaders themselves, because informative news isn't so much the issue, but the media in general where hearsay is concerned are outrageously deceptive. Grinds my gears the most out of all those listed on the poll. Even photos of people in magazines are a lie. I get why they do it, to some extent, but it still drives me crazy that everything needs to be twisted in the first place. But no yeah, actual news-worthy news is usually not a concern and I'll trust the majority of it.

preachers - religious people are extremely biased, though they generally have good intentions. But still, just because someone has good intentions doesn't mean they should be trusted.

politicians - waste of time, most make the same offences/say the same as each other. Can't trust empty promises.

Ultimately I'm voting preachers, for the sheer bias. Though they are the only one of the three that probably don't deserve the untrustworthy label due to their good intentions.

Dabs

Registered Member
I do not trust any! so I voted pop idols?

~LoL~
Pop idols/rap artists??
They speak the truth....they can honestly sing to your face..."fuck you".....fuck, fuck, fuck you" :lol:

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Honestly, politicians I trust the least. But good post Rebeccaaa!

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
I chose managers; companies, although it's conditional --> I think most small shop managers are as trustworthy as they come. It's the CEOs of some of the larger corporations that give me the chills. The corporation, far as I'm concerned, is really just a technique of piling bureaucracy on top of bureaucracy until all the humanity of it is gone; nobody is morally culpable for what the corporation does, no matter how dastardly, and I think it sets a dangerous precedent for society.

Lawyers are my second.

Actually, my real first was the pharmaceutical industry, who've mutated healthcare's energies away from general well-being and towards nothing but increased profits, much of it at the expense of the general public. I didn't choose it, mostly because a) I want to be a doctor, and b) I happen to think many (certainly not all) doctors are trustworthy. And the Pharmaceutical industry's faults lie with the Mangers; Companies, anyways.

MiloIsYum

Registered Member
Well I voted the media. I think it is pretty well known that a lot of what comes out of their mouths is garbage. I don't trust what comes from the media, most probably because you hear only too many times that people will go and sell a bullsh*t story for money or recognition, or the media will twist a story to the point that it's the opposite of the original to boost sales, or you see proof that photo's are clearly photoshopped to depict something that sometimes hasn't even happened!

No. I do not trust the media.