• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Who do you follow on YouTube?

dDave

V.I.P.
This counts as TV right? Youtube has channels and entire series now.

Been spending a lot of time on YouTube recently with all the coronavirus stuff forcing everyone to stay home.

My tastes generally revolve around nerdy/techy things.

Here's a list of my most frequented channels.

LinusTechTips (and most associated channels)
MyLifeInGaming (amazing retro game hardware channel)
Bitwit
PaulsHardware
StarWarsTheory (for, obvious reasons)
MrBeast (because who doesn't follow Mr Beast?)
PopMalt (because, of course I do)

Who do you follow? What are your tastes?

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Tavarish
I've been following him since he was a writer on Jalopnik. I like how well thought out his articles were. I really like his sense of humor and taste in cars. The guy is clearly a hard worker.

Hoovie's Garage
I like Hoovie's silliness and self-awareness. His humor is more self-depreciating than Tavarish and he comes off more white collar to Tavarish's blue collar.

The Pat McAfee Show
The first podcast I've ever followed! Pat is my age, with my kind of personality. He speaks in a flow of consciousness style that I can relate to greatly. Plus he's a stoner and former "really really good" NFL punter.

Bright Sun Films
Everyone probably knows who these guys are. Urban explorers with a fantastic editing style, little to no slant to their views. I revel in the glee they show from exploring a particularly interesting stylish old power plant, sleeping on top of abandoned towers, or exploring theme parks in China.

This is Dan Bell
I like him because he's local to me. Dan is another "life commentator" that walks around and comments on dead and dying malls. He tends to explore things that aren't necessarily abandoned. I really enjoy his commentary and editing style.

The rest is a mix of random music concerts, sports highlights, and other urban explorers.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I watch a lot of YouTube these days.

Northernlion
Kinda Funny
Dead Meat
The Pat McAfee Show
Joe Budden TV
Lost In Vegas
Good Mythical Morning
Retro Replay

The usual mix of video games, music, movies and sports.

dDave

V.I.P.
Tavarish
I've been following him since he was a writer on Jalopnik. I like how well thought out his articles were. I really like his sense of humor and taste in cars. The guy is clearly a hard worker.

Hoovie's Garage
I like Hoovie's silliness and self-awareness. His humor is more self-depreciating than Tavarish and he comes off more white collar to Tavarish's blue collar.

The Pat McAfee Show
The first podcast I've ever followed! Pat is my age, with my kind of personality. He speaks in a flow of consciousness style that I can relate to greatly. Plus he's a stoner and former "really really good" NFL punter.

Bright Sun Films
Everyone probably knows who these guys are. Urban explorers with a fantastic editing style, little to no slant to their views. I revel in the glee they show from exploring a particularly interesting stylish old power plant, sleeping on top of abandoned towers, or exploring theme parks in China.

This is Dan Bell
I like him because he's local to me. Dan is another "life commentator" that walks around and comments on dead and dying malls. He tends to explore things that aren't necessarily abandoned. I really enjoy his commentary and editing style.

The rest is a mix of random music concerts, sports highlights, and other urban explorers.
What is an “urban explorer”. That sounds fascinating.

Doc

V.I.P.
It's someone who goes around exploring abandoned places. It's good stuff.

Impaired

Registered Member
NASA
Pig Pen Theater Company
Geek & Sundry
Simone Giertz

Lots of bands I like

Doc

V.I.P.
Awesome. Here's one of my favorites to start with: