• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

who do u think'll be the first to go?

schmidtlet

Registered Member
with all these next gen consoles coming up i was kinda wondering which company is gonna die first

i was kind of thinking X-box

Jak_It_Up

Registered Member
i agree with that, PS2 has a much larger veriety of games and the nintendo consoles have the classics on their side like mario. the x-box games are becoming repetitive by having you go around and killing everything you see

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I don't see us losing any of the major three this generation. It will be the next generation that determines who is gone. It's way too early to tell, but I predict Sony leaving the market first.

Spinlock

Registered Member
I don't know... Sony has staying power, I think. They're spread out wide enough to keep it going... I would think that Nintendo would be the first to go, since their market is so specialized. Microsoft has software... Sony has hardware... Nintendo has games and gaming consoles.

My vote is, Nintendo dies first.

supraderk

My guess is that Nintendo will stick around. They seem to be going back to the thought process that made the NES so great. Sony and Microsoft are coming out with the same thing, just repackaged with prettier "paper" and with a higher price tag. If I had to put money on it, I would say the Xbox would be the first to go in any of them went...but I doubt any will.

unrealphantasy3

Registered Member
Playstation has such an installed fan base, Nintendo has a great offerinf for games, schmidlets right, i think Xbox will kick the bucket first. They don't have ALL that many fans now, and Halo can only last for so long. After that, I think the xbox is gonna fade into oblivion

schmidtlet

Registered Member
well it seems like the majority agrees with me... THAT NEVER HAPPENS!!!

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
88% of games believe that the Wii is going to blow the PS3 out of the water this Christmas. I belive it, considering the price.

preventedfuture

I personally agree with the Xbox going out first. Not offense to anyone who loves the Hallo series, I do love it too. But in the long run of going on into the future of next gen. How long can you replay the same thing before it does get to repitious and old? Hallo is the only thing Xbox has to hold on to, and looking at the trailer for Hallo 3 it's just the same as the pervious 2 titles but with more appeal. Sure it's on the next gen system. But with all hype and pervious fan databases of making something really great for a system that borrows other's concepts to make an idea work. They deffinately need to propose something out of the ordinary lines of first person shooter's to make a steady foot hold in the Video Game world. I love Xbox for it's diversity in this race and the capability of online gaming from my couch. But I would really love to see a really good RPG come from Microsoft for the Xbox 360. On the other hand of being out of the ordinary I think the Wii is going to become one of the greatest systems of Video Game history, for the visual concepts of allowing a more hands of feel and aspect to basic and simple gaming to hardcore RPG's. Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess was amazing for the Wii, sure it had it's deffects, but still the idea ran great and provided something new. Hopefully Metroid Prime 3 will be prefect for this new type of system.

Fife