Who do the Rams take at #2?

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Millz, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

With Jake Long is gone and it seems we're down to DE Chris Long or DT Glenn Dorsey for the Rams. I think this way on it...

On a purely positional front I want Long over Dorsey. If we add Long we have him outside along with Little. That means James Hall can just come off the bench and we won't have to count on him for much outside of giving Long and Little a rest. By drafting Long we now have a lot more depth on the defensive end position and we still have Adam Carriker, LaRoi Glover, Clifton Ryan and Claude Wroten at DT.

I don't think the Rams want to move Carriker back outside at this point so I dont also see the point in taking Dorsey then. If we do draft Dorsey we almost HAVE to move Carriker outside. We'd have a surplus of DT and only Little and Hall at DE.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I agree you have to go with Long on this one, Dorsey has some potential but his stock when down a bit but it came up, I believe between the to Long is better and going to be a better NFL player then Dorsey. Right now I just don't have to confidence in Dorsey to become an elite player in this league, but I think Long will.

3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

How about Vernon Gholston? He abused Jake Long in the OSU/Michigan game last year.

4. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Honestly I think Gholston is a little overrated. He did a good job against Long but in other games he kinda disappeared. I think Long and Dorsey have more upside.

I keep hearing the Rams want Dorsey though. Bleh.

5. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Really? He had 14 sacks in 13 games and set an Ohio State record for sacks in a single season. Also keep in mind that the interior of Ohio State's d-line was really weak last year, so Gholston was double teamed on almost every play. To go along with his production on the field in college, he put up freakish numbers at the combine.