• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Who didn't belong

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
So I've been a TNA fan for over 10 years now, I've seen quite a few talents come and go, some made an impact (pardon the pun) some did good, some not so much and some really stunk up the joint, while others looked like they just didn't belong in a TNA ring. I figure we could use this to discuss who were some that just never should've wrestled in a TNA ring, a few on my list are Scott Hall, Sean Morley (Val Venis for those who don't know), Kevin Nash, Wes Briscoe, Flair, Hogan, Nasty Boys, who are your picks?

BJBirdy

Registered Member
Sean Morley didn't really belong in TNA in my opinion. He didn't make TNA worse, but just the fact that he was only there for two months (I know it was due to obligations with a promotion in Mexico) made his stint with TNA meaningless.

Scott Hall and Sean Waltman also had a pointless run in 2010. I was open to them being in TNA, but neither guy was on his A-game at the time. The Nasty Boys are definitely on my list too.

I didn't mind Nash in TNA, although most of his TNA stint was before I became a fan in August 2008.

Kevin Nash didn't do really anything of note inside the ring during his TNA stint but in promos and on commentary, the guy was freaking awesome. There's a classic episode of Impact on which he and Booker T are doing commentary with nicknames (I think Nash was calling himself Chet Lemon or something) and it's just great. But I'll never say that he didn't belong.

You clearly have to look at everyone the Hogan/Bischoff regime brought with them when they took over on January 2010: The Nasty Boys, Val Venis/Sean Morley, Bubba the Love Sponge (piece of toxic human waste). Those guys had no business being there. Not at the expense of talented guys like Christopher Daniels, AJ Styles or Kazarian.

BJBirdy

Registered Member
I watched the October 14, 2010 episode of Impact on DailyMotion yesterday. I've often considered that to be the last really good episode of Impact. At least it was the last good one for about two years.

Sabby

EdgeHead said:
Kevin Nash didn't do really anything of note inside the ring during his TNA stint but in promos and on commentary, the guy was freaking awesome. There's a classic episode of Impact on which he and Booker T are doing commentary with nicknames (I think Nash was calling himself Chet Lemon or something) and it's just great. But I'll never say that he didn't belong.

You clearly have to look at everyone the Hogan/Bischoff regime brought with them when they took over on January 2010: The Nasty Boys, Val Venis/Sean Morley, Bubba the Love Sponge (piece of toxic human waste). Those guys had no business being there. Not at the expense of talented guys like Christopher Daniels, AJ Styles or Kazarian.

Oh man chet lemon and Black snow were hilarious, some of the best commentary I've ever heard

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Don't watch much of TNA but here's a few names I can come up with:

Tomko
ODB
Bubba the Love Sponge
Nasty Boys
Consenquence Creed
Dixie Carter ;)

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
The StroShow said:
Don't watch much of TNA but here's a few names I can come up with:

Tomko
ODB
Bubba the Love Sponge
Nasty Boys
Consenquence Creed
Dixie Carter ;)
Totally forgot about Tomko though I'll give him credit for having a decent run with AJ as tag champion in late 2007/2008. And Creed is being as badly used in WWE as he was in TNA

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
EdgeHead said:

Nash was great on commentary or in promos, so I agree there, just think he shouldn't have been in the ring.

BJBirdy

Registered Member
I would've liked Nash better in the ring in TNA if he had dyed his hair. Watching him wrestle with grey hair was just goofy to me.

I don't know how you can say that Creed didn't belong in TNA. If anything, TNA should've kept him.

Sabby said:
EdgeHead said:

Oh man chet lemon and Black snow were hilarious, some of the best commentary I've ever heard
YES! Black Snow! That's the name I was looking for. Thanks! :)